Thread: Sidious younger days lightsaber design

Post Sidious younger days lightsaber design

I am new to the light sabers scene. But i came up with this design and have been really wanting to build a light saber lately and wanted to know if you guys thought it would be hard to build. it is based off of Darth Sidious light saber. I really enjoyed the clone wars episode Lawless episode that play Saturday and like Darth Sidious light sabers. this design is supposed to be from his younger days before he built his two seen in the clone wars and movies. it would be really helpful if you guys could give me some information on how to build something like this.
    Starwars lightsaber 1.jpg
    here is also Sidious
    starwars lightsaber 2.jpg
    your thought would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome and welcome Soundwave.

Looking to build a saber? This is the place to be!

There are a lot of pro builders on the forums. be sure to check out the gallery for images of what people have made, and in some cases how they where made.

I'm no master builder, and most of the ones that are can do their own machining. But, just to give you some ideas of what you can work with:
    Blade Holder: would need some sleeve or sink tube to finish the look
    Main hilt: will be covered with sleeve
    Sleeve material: would need to be cut and painted accordingly
    Pommel: Might be able to round out the tip some, or maybe Tim would do this as a costume service.

That's a start for you. Keep looking around to see what you find. And be sure to use the search, maybe someone else has done or is working on the same thing.

Happy sabering to you.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Ahhh, the golden goose. This saber is like the Yeti or Bigfoot...everyone wants to see a legitimate one but nobody has This would be more of a sculpted build than what you find here. Maybe a new fella with some "think outside the box", becuase he is too new to even know what the box is, would have a better chance figuring it out than we would
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!