Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasabers Dark Initiate hilt

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Ultrasabers Dark Initiate hilt

hey was wondering if anyone knows anything about the dark initiate saber? i picked up the hilt on ebay since i ordered the seoul p4 kit and have a small speaker + mace windu sound board here at home, but i'm not sure how the hell to install the switch because the switch hole is over 3" down on the hilt and the blade holder isn't removable...any thoughts on that issue? along with that, something i don't quite understand - how do you keep the LED in place and know how far down to stick the blade?photo 1.jpg

Its easy. This one can do either an av or guarded switch, and since its a Windu board the latching I believe. Then just sit the LED on the switch bridge like the good old pvc sabers. Hope this helps. Nice find by the way. Some of their stuff isn't too too bad like the Ultra Edge blades because I see them being used in custom builds sometimes. I got one laying around for a custom build in the future. =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Force Aware
    Force Aware

would the push on push off switch that comes with the build your own seoul p4 kit work for a switch? if not, would this guy work? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...tton-P255.aspx

and with this, would you say hold the nut in place with pliers or something and screw it from the outside? since the switch is over 3" down from the emitter...

this is my first build, so bear with me...after i install the switch into this hilt, i just run to led up to it and let it sit on top of the switch, then when i plug the blade in do i just let it sit on top of the led? thanks for your help! i found this hilt for i think $25...im planning on installing pommel style 4 into this and gluing the tcss premium speaker to the 4aa battery pack that comes with the kit...

along with that, i'm probably going to try to tape off the silver rings or cover them in some way then repaint the pommel and hilt with a black auto enamel, as this has almost a purplish-black tint to it...

If the hilt came with the heat sink if not you will need a heatsink any one of those switches will work
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 02-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

so basically, i install my switch, mount the led to the heatsink and drop that on top of the switch, then blade goes on that?

Now that I am thinking again I think you will need the guarded switch because of the size of the opening in the hilt for the switch. Mount the led to the heatsink (will either need a resistor or a buckpuck depends on which route you are going) then install the lens and lens holder

Force Aware
    Force Aware

I had kinda figured the guarded switch because looking at it, that's what it looks like in the US pictures. Which heat sink should I use? It's a 1" interior diameter...I was thinking old style mount...

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...ink--P220.aspx
    You can also use this heatsink for your LED .
    Use a set screw to hold it in place.

he can either use that or contact Tim to see if he has any old style heat sinks or if he can make you one

Force Aware
    Force Aware

so...i'm a nitwit. i never ordered thermal tape; is there any other way i can attach the led to the heatsink? also, i find myself at a bit of a loss here - i lost the bit for my 8-32 tap/die...i know its a #29, but for the life of me i can't find it in my tools and my home depot doesn't carry it. is there any other size bit i can use, and then use my tap to create the threads?