Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Saberforge: Fury Pommel question

Yeah that's what I'm gathering as far as the weathering he put on still needs to be baked in. Problem is I need to deconstruct the hilt, removing all electronics to attempt a bake which sucks.

I've actually had much better experiences w/ SF recently:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/saberforge-fury-reveal-162094/

why not just contact him and request purchasing a 2nd sound-capable pommel? If you bought a stunt, why would you think the pommel would be vented??
    As for reaching out to the guy goes. I have on numerous occasions over the past week or two since the saber has been delivered. And I did ask to buy the sound capable pommel if he had one available. But as of right now I haven't gotten anything back from him except a reply to an email I sent regarding shipping 3 weeks ago when I asked him why the USPS website still showed the status of the shipping as "electronic information received..." a week after he emailed me saying that the saber had shipped.

Today I replied to his email through ebay with all of those emails that i sent before that went unanswered. This time though I reminded him that I hadn't given feedback yet regarding the order. I told him I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him an accurate review in the feedback. I'm hoping this works out and gets his attention.

As for thinking the pommel would be vented, goes, with the fact that he adds sound to the sabers as an option it seemed like a logical possibility that he would have that built into his sabers. And in checking the images on the listing it did look to me as there were holes in the pommel. But I'm guessing now that those were all stock pics as the weathering I got looks nothing like the weathering on the pics.

And this saber is not a stunt saber, at least not from a duel-worthy perspective not with the blade the guy sent. That is unless you like the idea of dueling with a tuning fork lol....

I'm glad Tooth that you had good luck with this guy. And I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it does seem like he's having trouble. Even his ISP hosting service had posted "bandwidth limit exceeded" on his site for a day or so last week. Maybe he's just going through a tough time. I dunno. We'll see.
    Last edited by aepostle; 02-04-2013 at 09:53 AM.

The term "stunt saber" refers to a saber without sound. It has nothing to do with the duel-worthiness of the saber.

I sincerely hope you end up with a saber that you are happy with. Hopefully with some modifications and TLC of your own, you can make your new acquisition into something you'll be proud of.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks for clarifying that definition for me Silver. Yeah I've heard the term stunt-saber used but it's always been in the context of videos with people dueling..... Some where sound/fx are present.

Everything you say about your experience doesn't surprise me. I am sorry it happened to you.

My suggestion is that you re-sell that hilt on ebay and buy parts from the store here and make your own saber.

You will always get the best from here and never have any issues that would not be handled in a professional manner.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

You will always get the best from here and never have any issues that would not be handled in a professional manner.
    I see you had the same responses I did. Yeah it's a shame. I really really like the feel of the hilt. But yeah, I'll give him a couple days before I post feedback on ebay and deal with that drama. Looking back on some of his replies to feedback he gets a little ugly....

You know the thing I like the most about the saber was the blade holder. I probably should have just had the guy here do some custom milling for that same look.

Quote Originally Posted by aepostle View Post
    I see you had the same responses I did. Yeah it's a shame. I really really like the feel of the hilt. But yeah, I'll give him a couple days before I post feedback on ebay and deal with that drama. Looking back on some of his replies to feedback he gets a little ugly....

You know the thing I like the most about the saber was the blade holder. I probably should have just had the guy here do some custom milling for that same look.
    And Strydur would do a 100X better job.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

If you use your imagination and some good planning ANYthing can be done with MHS... Its amazing stuff.. from the cannon types to the most unique and jaw dropping one offs in history.. most of them have some roots in MHS.

Im sorry to hear about your experience but some companies are different then others.. TCSS has never had an issue over year and years (and we all pray for years to come) Please dont let it turn you off from the community at large (its mostly just good natured guys) but yeah.. the darkside is out there.. waiting to absorb your money into the fold and ignore you.

Its no place of mine to say left or right whats best for you... My advice.. Dont flame over ebay, who cares (and who will actually win).. IF it didnt specify with sound holes AND he will not respond to your plea's to sell you the correct part (not replace it for free)... Just let it be. Resell it as brand new and move on to the wonderful (and safe) possibilities MHS gives, as well as the comfort and support here in the TCSS forum world...

They dont always "sugar coat it" as some may like, but its accuracy is never in question so your build quality will benefit from the tutorials and techniques here. (Some of the saber legends are proud to speak of thier tcss roots!)

Honestly the shiney websites and over the top photoshop skills of some of the "bigger" companies (like SF or US) leaves a pretty large gap between what you initially See... and what is eventually/hopefully delivered.. The horror stories of wrong color this, and hot glue that.. are always swept under the rug. Its true and its sad to say.. "the darkside is all to real"

Only trust what you know (Never some young, overly excited, squeky kid on youtube who's basically getting paid in promotion discounts to leave good review's..).. The TCSS gallery and forums is tons of customer quality reviews.. Years of improvements and refinements by Tim.. Tons of new parts.. It's all here.. Documented for years.

TCSS does cool sales (like happy may 4th be with you).. BUT (as far as I've ever known) TCSS NEVER PAYS FOR REVIEWS.. that's just kinda almost dirty in my mind so no wonder everyone says how "awesome" they are.... (not your fault)

Resell it my friend (or be stuck with it)... What's your option if it has another more serious issue sometime down the road when its still under its "warrenty"... Are You willing to ship it in and wait for it to come back? (and play email and tracking # tag, Again)..

Im just saying 20min in the MHS builder and a well though out email to Tim explaining any requested customizations in detail can produce..... Mmmmm Smexy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    If you use your imagination and some good planning ANYthing can be done with MHS... Its amazing stuff.. from the cannon types to the most unique and jaw dropping one offs in history.. most of them have some roots in MHS.

Im sorry to hear about your experience but some companies are different then others.. TCSS has never had an issue over year and years (and we all pray for years to come) Please dont let it turn you off from the community at large (its mostly just good natured guys) but yeah.. the darkside is out there.. waiting to absorb your money into the fold and ignore you.

Its no place of mine to say left or right whats best for you... My advice.. Dont flame over ebay, who cares (and who will actually win).. IF it didnt specify with sound holes AND he will not respond to your plea's to sell you the correct part (not replace it for free)... Just let it be. Resell it as brand new and move on to the wonderful (and safe) possibilities MHS gives, as well as the comfort and support here in the TCSS forum world...

They dont always "sugar coat it" as some may like, but its accuracy is never in question so your build quality will benefit from the tutorials and techniques here. (Some of the saber legends are proud to speak of thier tcss roots!)

Honestly the shiney websites and over the top photoshop skills of some of the "bigger" companies (like SF or US) leaves a pretty large gap between what you initially See... and what is eventually/hopefully delivered.. The horror stories of wrong color this, and hot glue that.. are always swept under the rug. Its true and its sad to say.. "the darkside is all to real"

Only trust what you know (Never some young, overly excited, squeky kid on youtube who's basically getting paid in promotion discounts to leave good review's..).. The TCSS gallery and forums is tons of customer quality reviews.. Years of improvements and refinements by Tim.. Tons of new parts.. It's all here.. Documented for years.

TCSS does cool sales (like happy may 4th be with you).. BUT (as far as I've ever known) TCSS NEVER PAYS FOR REVIEWS.. that's just kinda almost dirty in my mind so no wonder everyone says how "awesome" they are.... (not your fault)

Resell it my friend (or be stuck with it)... What's your option if it has another more serious issue sometime down the road when its still under its "warrenty"... Are You willing to ship it in and wait for it to come back? (and play email and tracking # tag, Again)..

Im just saying 20min in the MHS builder and a well though out email to Tim explaining any requested customizations in detail can produce..... Mmmmm Smexy!
    Quoted for Truth. If it would fit, I would put that in my sig.

Hey there, I'm saberforge, saw this thread and thought I should chime in. If only to defend TCSS blade supplies.

"The ad says that the sabers are duel-ready but the blade is extremely whip-y. Just in swinging and when I smacked it against the blade of another saber I have."

You know your talking poo about tims products right? I buy the most expensive polycarbonate tubing that the custom saber shop sells to use for my blades. You might want to refrain from disparaging Tim's parts, since this is Tim's forum. Just a thought.

As far as the weathering goes, my weathering is free, I don't charge for it, it will wear off over time and actually look more natural. If you wanted to go ahead and find any other smith who offers a CNC hilt with a thick walled blade, metal av switch, high end led holder, and free weathering for 129.00 I would love to see it.

You can send in your pommel to have me make it sound ready, you will just need to cover the return shipping costs. If you would like a new sound ready pommel you would have to purchase it.

NO I DO NOT MAKE MHS COMPATABLE PARTS!! I don't steel intellectual property, and I would never make parts that use the same thread pitch as the one pioneered by my long time supplier TCSS, I respect him and his business, and unlike some other saber makers, I don't step on his intellectual property.
    Last edited by airsoftmode; 03-21-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Got an email notification about the reply this morning and just had to shake my head.

"Yes, my order of polyc tubing got back ordered, but my supplier did not inform me, I had to rush order from a different vendor when I found out. - saberforge100"
    That was the excuse you gave for not shipping it out after you said it was already in the mail. So is Tim the guy you normally buy blade mats from or someone else? I'd like to believe you went with someone else because Tim's supply was backordered and that I was just unlucky. Maybe it was just a bum sale I dunno, I've moved on. But from what I've heard after posting here, through pm's and emails and reading forums elsewhere my, order experience with you was not unusual.

Honestly, it's pretty bad when an ebay customer service rep actually tells you that you should open a case because of how you're treated by a seller. When I called to doublechecked whether it was allowed for you to solicit favorable feedback responses with the promise of discounts, he reviewed the emails and opened the case for me based on the grounds of how I was being treated. I sincerely doubt that Tim would treat his customers this way. But you already know about this situation because I was forthcoming with you from the start. And this was disclosed in the claim request that was forwarded to you via ebay customer service.

With all this said hopefully you can understand that I don't necessarily believe that my exact "whippy" saber blade came from materials you purchased from Tim. So if you're hoping to use this to leverage an apology or retraction you're wasting your time. I'm not about to apologize because what I got was crap and how I was treated was crap. Plain and simple. The only good thing that came from this sale is that it reaffirmed that I need to stick with reputable shops like Tim's.

I did find it kinda interesting that even while we were "working" on this situation with ebay you went to the extent to track me down and send me a facebook friend request..... Needless to say I wouldn't expect an add.....

-Dan