Thread: pipe question

Default pipe question

So here is my problem. I have been trying to find a pipe to fit the LED blade holder style 16 I purchased a while back. I am building my own Lightsaber Pike, and trying to find a pipe that will fit it. Does anyone know what measurements I need in order to get a pipe that will fit the blade holder? I appreciate any help I get.

I assume you're referring to the threaded end of the blade holder, and not the blade itself (which you could just get a normal blade in a shorter length from here). For a pike, what I would do is build the top part of it with MHS parts. You're still going to need places to put switches and lights, and you can always add ribbed sections for style, too. For the back end of the pipe you're going to have to get a little more creative unless you want to buy a whole bunch of 10" double female connectors and double-ended male connectors to connect them. What you're going to need is something with around a 1.5" O.D. to match the MHS parts. The thickness of the wall isn't going to matter much unless you want to put stuff inside it. If you do want to put stuff inside it, you'll need 1.25" I.D.

To that end, there are a number of places that sell raw pipe online (and I hope I'm not violating a rule by pointing out something that Tim doesn't sell). Metals Depot has aluminum round tube in 1.5" O.D. with different wall thicknesses. However, you're going to have to find a way to connect it to the MHS parts, either by building an adapter or by threading the pipe yourself on a lathe.

Good luck, and I hope to see pictures of your finished pike when it's done!

thanks for the advice and the help will definitely be posting the finished product. thanks again