Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arkanjel's etched sleve build

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    This saber is just too cool ;D nice work ^^
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Very cool. I would love to see how you wired that pot up.
    Its placed between the board and the red LED line (wired parallel). I just picked up a pot from Radio Shak but I think its like 10k ohm or something absurd. It works, but something with a smaller range would be much more finely adjustable. I plan on adding one for each die. So I will have to find smaller, more suitable pots to work with.

What's the wattage of that pot? And how big is it? Seems like a pot with appropriate wattage would be prohibitively large.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Starwaster View Post
    What's the wattage of that pot? And how big is it? Seems like a pot with appropriate wattage would be prohibitively large.
    Its one of these small, 3-pin ones from radio shack. About half an inch long. "Rated 3/4-watts (max. 1.25W)" so Im probably pushing it.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tent=CT2032230

pRS1C-2160216w345.jpg
    Last edited by Arkanjel; 02-07-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Looking good! I dig the mods you did on the emitter. I'm guessing mill bastard files in a square for the channel and a half round for the shoulder?

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Boj-Vaati Mau View Post
    Looking good! I dig the mods you did on the emitter. I'm guessing mill bastard files in a square for the channel and a half round for the shoulder?
    Whoah there sir, thats fancy talk! I dont know what they are called. I just know the shape they make when I hold them against metal.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

*chuckles* That works too!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Ok, so I made some design changes. The length of the hilt was just too short/fat for a dueler. And with just a couple of modifications it took on a whole new feel. Proportions and balance are much improved. Speaker has a good resonance chamber in the choke.

I really wanted to add some brass for contrast. So I cut and stripped some sink tube and etched the reveal section of the MHS under body.

photo2 by Simon Rivers Photography, on Flickr

I also installed the chrome power switch and recharge port. Then I added a final trim panel to the top.

photo (1) by Simon Rivers Photography, on Flickr

photo3 by Simon Rivers Photography, on Flickr

Swings like a dream. Very happy with the direction it took. Its funny how weapons really do take on a personality of their own....

WOW.

Seriously, that looks incredible. The brass and trim look fantastic. You've got some clean straight lines there, and everything just works well. Kinda reminds me of an Olympic torch.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Stunning - that's a work of art. Bravo.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nicely done. Good work on the etching and shroud work.