Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 Bladed Saber

Cool, thank you for the info guys.

After reading a little more, I believe it safe to assume the accent LEDs, and the 3.3v LED pads on the PC are all ran in parallel, otherwise, we would be needing a lot more voltage for our sabers.

So with that in mind, here is my quick wiring diagram.

I'm not sure yet if i even want two illuminated switches, but I added it in anyway.
    Will a Red LED even lite with 1.65v and 9 mA? Yeah, that might not work. So let's pretend there is just one switch in that picture.

I don't have the FoC wiring included in there, but it shouldn't be an issue.

A few more questions though,
    -Would the red/red/white with FoC Flash with a PINK color, or more of a bright Red? I'm hoping for a bright red, but haven't seen, or paid attention to seeing, how the RRW looks as a FoC.

-Would I be better off with a Engin LZ4 Red, and have a RED/RED w/ RED FoC?

-Last one, can the PC handle 11.1v Li-ion (the manual says 11v)? If so, has anyone tried this?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks again.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

So, here is the final wiring layout for the build. I'm still not going to actually work on this for another 3 months or so. But at least this much is done.

With the RED LEDs in the switches, I'm not sure if they will just be dim, or not lite at all. Each one will only get 9 or 10 mA and 1.65v.
    ~ The Yin ~

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but regarding the lighted switches, wouldn't wiring them in serial like this give them each 1.65V and 18mA? With a Vf of 2.1V, I would think this might work...

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but regarding the lighted switches, wouldn't wiring them in serial like this give them each 1.65V and 18mA? With a Vf of 2.1V, I would think this might work...
    oh, that's true. only the voltage would be cut to half.
    Thanks for noticing.

I still keep getting mixed up on the parallel/serial voltage/amp math. I'll get it eventually.
    ~ The Yin ~

Totally cool to build for sure.

Totally impractical for any type of saber combat application, though.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!