Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Bladed Saber

Default 2 Bladed Saber

So, I am still working on one saber, just some hilt hardware to finish. But my sister and I just came up with an idea that seems it would be fun to build and use.

A 2 Bladed Saber!

No, not a double blade saber, but a saber with TWO blades.

Like this:

It would be held by the mid section and the two saber hilts would be parallel to the forearm.
    I'd also want to place the activation switch on the mid-grip.
    It is designed so the whole setup is a little smaller then a sheet of printer paper (8.5x11)
    Also, the blades themselves will be short, 24 to 28 inches.

I want to have sound, probably the NB, but I haven't even begun to think up the wiring. As I mentioned, I have yet to finish the saber I'm working on now.

Just wanted to post this to get some ideas, or give some ideas. I'm not sure if I thought this up my self, or if I've seen this some where (I may have been inspired by Wolverines claws.)

Feel free to take this idea and run with it. I just keep imagining it would be fun to use. You could lock your opponents blade between the two, and with a twist of your wrist, fling their saber right out of their hand : ), theoretically.

I don't always build sabers, but when I do, I prefer TCSS. Keep Sabering my friends.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

A nifty idea, and one I don't recall seeing before. There are parts available to help you create this saber.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/To...pter-P439.aspx
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/To...le-1-P440.aspx
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Very much like Plo Koon's Katar saber. Gemini Concepts did one a few years ago: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14823.0

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

SS,
    Those were just what I was thinking about. They are a perfect length to.

FB,
    That's cool. I knew there had to be something like this out there.
    That's basically what I'm looking to build, but smaller.
    ~ The Yin ~

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Nice! Looks reminiscent of the dual barreled laser pistols carried by the Cygnus robots in "The Black Hole". Which I haven't thought about in years and it's all coming flooding back to me.... especially the clipboard scene. Thanks
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

I dont know, but, you should probably have something like a strap or something to have your arm in to help your grip on it. I dont know but, I wouldnt trust just that one handle.
    <IIIIIIoIII/===============> /___________o_/================>
    "Do or do not, there is no try" - yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_1 View Post
    I dont know, but, you should probably have something like a strap or something to have your arm in to help your grip on it. I dont know but, I wouldnt trust just that one handle.
    I've been thinking about that too, I'm not sure how much grip and control the one handle would provide. One handle may prove to be insufficient when the blades clash. It might be something I'd add after finishing the saber and testing it out.
    ~ The Yin ~

So, I've been giving some thought to the wring of this saber. Originally I had planned on making this a Jedi saber, but I've redesigned it to be a Sith blade. Also, I'd like it to have FoC, so the use of a NB is no longer and option.

So, I'd like to use the PC with FoC, and I'm just doing some preliminary research on how it can be wired up.
    Here is what I'm think, let me know if this is way off or not.

Ok,
    - The PC can put out 2000mA, and I'll have a 7.4v li-ion pack.
    - Both saber sections will have a Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (Red/Red/White)
    - On each Star the LEDs (Red/Red) will be connect in Series, needing 700mA and 4.6v?
    - The Two Stars will be connected in Parallel, making the total circuit power needs = 1400 mA and 4.6v?

So if that all makes since, my saber would run 4 Luxeon Rebel Red's in a Seriallel set up with 1400mA at 4.6v?

Yep,that's why I'm double checking.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    ~ The Yin ~

Well, the theory to run your Tri-Rebel reds sounds good, I think you'll find you might have issues with the FoC, as those should push the voltage draw past 7.4V.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Except that FoC with the PC and a PEX works in parallel with the sound board. You'll have a higher draw on your batteries during clash events, but the voltage is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    - The PC can put out 2000mA, and I'll have a 7.4v li-ion pack.
    - Both saber sections will have a Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (Red/Red/White)
    - On each Star the LEDs (Red/Red) will be connect in Series, needing 700mA and 4.6v?
    - The Two Stars will be connected in Parallel, making the total circuit power needs = 1400 mA and 4.6v?

So if that all makes since, my saber would run 4 Luxeon Rebel Red's in a Seriallel set up with 1400mA at 4.6v?
    Yes.

Your planning is sound. I see no reason that you couldn't run all this off a 7.4v pack. I'd definitely try to use 18650s if at all possible. They usually support higher current draw, and have longer runtimes. With a pair of tri-rebels, you'll want all the runtime you can get.
    Last edited by Silver Serpent; 05-14-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!