Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saber desigen idea prototype!!

Default Saber desigen idea prototype!!

Saber Mk2 blueing.jpg

i was going to do something like this for a future build, blue and weather the inside then use a sleve with the holes so it looks like the above.

Nifty look, but it's the shy side of 15" long...

Double handed, Im faster with two hands Im tying to keep it modular tho...

Is there a limit on saber size? Should they be small as a default?

Generally, most sabers are anywhere from 11-13 inches long.

As for your design, it has some promise, BUT I think that the shroud work OVER a ribbed section isn't that great, plus it's long.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So shorter...

Im trying to create a complex look with a sleek and clean finish, that has a slightly aggressive look to it..

Unsure on the shroud variations what do you think looks good?

Maybe a white powder coat with blued alloy shroud... Im trying to create detail but simple at the same time!

The problem you have with that saber is that you have a tad too much going on. Look up my Traveler build, that's a unique, yet fairly sleek and clean build. You should spend some time in the gallery - and REALLY look around
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-20-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Keep in mind its all about what you want some people love long hilts I prefer mine in the 11-12 inch range

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

For the sake of it...
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ion-Guidelines
    Is that a partial shroud you're looking at over the ribbed section? If it's a full shroud, save the $$ and use a blank tube.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Full..dude...

FYI my saber builds will have the blade length so that i can hold the saber in my hand by my side facing the blade down and it be 20mm from the floor.

So stand put your hand by your side palm open faceing your leg, mesure from the v formed from base of your thumb to the ground This should be your BASE blade length for your saber builds (minus the extra hilt length). When i had both of my swords made up this was key as you dont want the blade too long unless your going double handed.

I think your post basicly works off this as sword builders normally use this as a baseline for taylored blades

cant find that Traveler build... argh..!

Besides being a long hilt I think the saber would look good. The joy of this hobby is you can build your own saber, for you! If the saber works for you, then my friend go for it!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".