Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Greetings! ( my first build )

Good morning or good afternoon guys depending on what time your reading this post!

So far I started working on the wiring to the PC 2.0 had no hitches except for one. okay I guess I did have a hitch then. Lol The main LED has two green dies one green dye lights up just fine the other one does not light up and I've also noticed that the green dye light up as soon as I remove the kill plug. Any suggestions of what I did wrong? Thanks

Ish
    The Force is strong.

Sounds like two different issues.
    The problem with the one green die not lighting up is most likely just a soldering issue. recheck to be sure it is wired correctly.

The kill plug might me a PC config issue. With mine (I think it's this way with all of them), the board was config to be ON when the main switch was OPEN. Thus, with a latching switch, when it is UP, the board is ON. There are instructions on how to config this in the PC manual, I don't remember what to change off the top of my head.

BUT, I'm still a PC noob. So a second (more experienced) opinion would be good.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Thanks!
    The Force is strong.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

If you don't have one already, get a cheapy coffee mug warmer for soldering LED stars and keeping your coffee warm. Put the star on the warmer and it will IMMENSLY help with your soldering job.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Agreed. Though from years of working in laboratories, I highly recommend NOT drinking coffee in the shop. It's too easy to get stray bits of solder, aluminum dust, etc. in your coffee. Spilling coffee all over your electronics is a good recipe for a bad day as well.

But the coffee cup warmer is a good thing to have.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hey guys just to keep you updated I did all of the above with no result regarding the second Main LED. Which leads me to believe that one of the LEDs is not working so therefore I will order a new one. I can't seem to figure out how to configure the main LED not to go on when I remove the kill switch. And I also noticed I cannot get the LED to Flicker after I make the changes in the configuration. Right now I have it at three for speed and 80. Let me know if u guys have any suggestions.

Ish
    The Force is strong.