Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What?!? NOOO!! Oh, ok. wait a sec?

After reading this over myself, I'd have to agree with FJK. more pictures/diagrams of your entire wiring schematic is needed for proper diagnosis. Off-hand, though, I'd have to say if your FoC led is going off without the resistor on the pex (which should indeed be a broken circuit) you have a short somewhere else allowing current to your FoC led, most likely a solder bridge on your LedEngin led.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    . . . most likely a solder bridge on your LedEngin led.
    That's what it was.
    I needed to clean that thing up anyway, it's looking better now. And holding better too.

IMAG0397.jpg

Thanks for helping out, and putting up with my craziness.

But for real, that was tripping me oooouuuttttt
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Starwaster View Post
    There is a definite known issue with Style 1 RICE grounding, and I forget what the exact fix is. It involved wiring the RICE ground to somewhere specific but I forget where.

You should also be able to use Teflon tape to insulate the the port (use it on the port threads) but I haven't tested that myself. Should work though.
    Found the thread on the Rice port issue. Search is our friend
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yin View Post
    That's what it was.
    I needed to clean that thing up anyway, it's looking better now. And holding better too.

IMAG0397.jpg
    Thanks for helping out, and putting up with my craziness.

But for real, that was tripping me oooouuuttttt
    Well, at least you know for sure that your FoC works! Glad you figured it out, I know all too well how frustrating building a saber can sometimes be, especially when something's not quite right. ;0

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.