Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbin's new saber (Picture intensive)

I live about an hour northeast of downtown Grand Rapids.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

My gut feeling about this saber is to have the machining marks cleaned off, them let it tarnish on its own a bit. I mean, the grip section is already pretty weathered as it is. We'll see though. I might weather is a bit more.

Yeah, I'm a Michigander. M-21 you say? I live about a mile North of M-21 on M-13. which is about 10 miles West of Flint. Not terribly far from you Jay-gon Jinn. Maybe 45 minutes?

An hour NorthEast of Grand Rapids? Anywhere near Alma? My Aunt lives there.

Adrian is down by the Ohio border if I'm not mistaken. That's a ways away from me. Still, nice to see people that know the area.

Anyway, I hope people enjoy seeing this saber at C4, as well as the pics I'll post here. I know it's going to be one heavy sucker though, so carrying it around will likely get tiring. Maybe a holster is in order.

Corbin

Funny how small a world it is, isn't it? 45 minutes....I'd say that's about right, maybe less given how fast I like to drive.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Corbin, maybe you should entertain the idea of a shoulder holster.....like with a gun. Ive been bouncin the idea around in my head for a while. Think of it, *key james bond music*....you walk into a bar....someone gives you problems.....you reach into your suit....*click, vZZZZZZ*.......you hack their weapon in half and the saber goes back into the holster.....lol....just a thought

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Holster?

And I spent so much time trying to figure out a way to put a switch in the covertech knob.

armpit covertec clip?
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Default Holster?

Don't worry Ace,
    Most of the time I'll be walking around with it, I'll have it out. Even if I did a holster type setup, it would likely be a leg mounted leather piece with a covertech clip on it, not some leather sleeve to slide it down into. That would hide the saber too much. Maybe a piece with a loop or cup for the end to sit into and the covertech clip up higher.

I suppose I COULD make a similar type setup in a shoulder rig. But like I said, I wouldn't want to have it where the majority of the saber was covered up.

Corbin

I think having it on a gun-belt type holster would be pretty cool. I've thought about doing that myself. It seems like it would easier and faster to draw the saber that way, instead of reaching across to my left side where it hangs on my belt.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

So long as it doesn't pull my trousers off.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin_Das
    So long as it doesn't pull my trousers off.
    Nice one!

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!