Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbin's new saber (Picture intensive)

That looks great, Corbin! And I know what you mean about cost! My custom machined saber was well over the $500 mark as well. I love the reaction on people's face when they ask how much it cost! Then I explain that it's the same as renting an amusement park just for yourself when you have something like this done. It's just not cheap to machine a single part.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Corbin that saber looks great, I don't think I would polish it but leave it the way it is for that used weathered look.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Ryma Mara

I say atleast wetsand it.

It really does look like its been in battle for a long time and if it could talk I bet it would have some great storys to tell,as the saying goes.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

holy SNITZ!!
    that thing is awesome corbin
    can't wait to see it fired up
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I hate being trumped!

It'll be a masterpeice my friend!

MC

Thanks everyone.

And for the record, the saber is called the Killer Penny, not the Penny Killer. Although, since I've been saving up my pennies for this thing forever, I suppose penny killer would be appropriate, huh?
    The name Killer Penny wasn't anything we actually sat down and chose. It was more of a running gag we started one day when Ace and I were talking on the phone about how much copper would be on this thing and how expensive copper is. One time I said something like "You just bought a $200.00 piece of solid machinable copper? DANG.....that's one Killer Penny!" The name just stuck.

I don't know if this saber "trumps" anything, but thanks for the compliment Madcow.

As far as it having a story, I've already been working on one for quite some time now. I'm integrating it into a persona story about the life of Corbin Das. The story spans all 6 SW movies and has me/him interacting on a very limited basis with a few recognizable characters and events. More like Corbin's story occurs concurrently with the events of the Star Wars timeline than actually having him involved in the main story of the movies.
    Anyway, the story is that this particular saber will be Corbin's first successful attempt at building his own saber. I think I'll have him discover the whereabouts of an ancient Sith lair hidden away somewhere. It is within this lair that Corbin finds many of the parts to build this saber. This lair will likely be of Darth Malius, or someone that collected Darth Malius' teachings.
    For those that don't know, Darth Malius is the name of a character that built another brass and copper saber that Corbin discovers earlier, along with a holocron and a journal that leads him to the lair where he finds the parts to build THIS saber..

Here's the Malius saber. Note the same grip material:

Corbin

P.S. Hey Jay-gon Jinn, where is Saint Johns? I live near Flint.

Just north of Lansing on Old 27 and M-21. Actually not too far from Flint! Wow, a fellow Michigander!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I spent almost every summer in Adrian, separated parents.......

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

If I were you Corbin, I'd keep an old/weathered look to the saber for 2 reasons.
    1. It looks like a saber with history
    2. Brass ad copper tanish easily - it would require a coating of some kind to keep it nice if you polished it.

My "2 cents worth"
    ... get it?

MC