Thread: Tron baton saber

Default Tron baton saber

I am going to start soon on a saber I have wanted to do since I saw tron legacy. I have the basic designs done(with some rough edges to polish).

I even included a tron T on the bottom. I going to use some black metal mess to better distingush the T. There is a ring around the T which I will try and make it pop more when its all done.

For the coloring im going to try and get as close as I can to the movie props.

5265243079_196f374294_z.jpg

Internal wise im not for sure yet on what color LED im going to use (im leaning towards white). Im going to use a PC 2.0 for sound with the 2w bass speaker. Have to triple check for clearance issues but im planning to use two illuminated switches (one latching for ignition and a momentary one for lockup sounds and blaster deflect) that will be the same or close to the color of the LED I chose. Im going to have two accent LEDs in the middle with the recharge port in between them. Space is REALLY, REALLY limited because I don't have long enough tooling to mill the guts out of the sections of the hilt. For the most part they will just be bored out as much as possible on a cnc lathe.

IM HOPING THAT I CAN FINALLY GET BACK INTO THE GAME OF SABER BUILDING!!!!
    "Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads." Luke at the end of Shadow of Mindor

Holy bananas its been 8 years since I last got a chance to work on this saber. Life REALLY happened. After finally getting some time to finish the over all design I was able to get the hilt pieces machined at a local shop. They need some gentle massaging, but they look way better than I had expected. I plan on finishing this dang thing completely this time and not letting it sit for 8 YEARS. Unfortunately most of my sound components have been used in other builds. I'll have to start from scratch. Originally I was planning on using a white LED but that LED got used as well. I have a royal blue rebel from long ago that never got used. I think I might have a PC v3 somewhere in my stash of stuff. If I can find it I'll use it until I can get my hands on something a bit better. I'm more than likely just going to weather it instead of just go with similar colors as the prop form movie.

20210424_135437.jpg
    "Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads." Luke at the end of Shadow of Mindor