Thread: Slappy...

Default Slappy...

Apparently saber building is like riding a bike...one never forgets how.

I slapped this together using left over parts and a resurrected 2003 Vader board. Parts were painted years ago so this was more just a test to see if I could still wire a board and make something functional.

022.jpg023.jpg024.jpg
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Nice nice. I woulda gone red or amber though. Hilt is too Sithy for me. But I like it. =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Its a quick change LED so I can pop it out and change it if I decide to, but I was thinking of more like a spec ops jedi saber. Plus I'm just partial to green

You still got it, Lex.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Dude...you are alive?
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

D. LEX LIVES!! What's up, chef? Tastly saber, btw.

As the new guy around "Hey, what's up Saber Smith I don't know?". Awesome hilt. I'm partial to green too, and I love the "tactical" sabers that pop up from time to time. Keep up the great work.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Green is also one of my favorite lightsaber colors. xp Whenever I can get my stuff my saber will also be in green.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Man that emitter piece is amazing. Phenomenal work.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Thanks to all.

@LDM Yes sir I am very much alive. Things have been crazy with changing professions and then I bought a house in TN and things have been amazing and very difficult all at the same time. Things are finally starting to normalize again and I missed the saber game a lot so I decided to go through all my spare parts and make a few frankensabers then I'm going to start fresh and buy some of these new tasty tidbits that have popped up in my 3 year absence....Hell man last time I bought saber parts you still had to be a waiting list for soundboards, now they are everywhere!

@eastern Whats up duder!?! Good to be back! Thanks for the kind words on my jalopy saber lol

@Evil Thank you, I used the very first saber part I ever ordered from TCSS, good old BH#3. Back in 2008 when I built my first saber I drilled the peep holes in the side. Later for a different design I cut the pointed emitter sheath out of sink tube which I primed and painted over 3 years ago and it still flawless somehow lol. Then I added the "blade guard" from a MR Yoda saber to protect any potential dueling partners from being stabbed by the points which are seriously (dangerously) sharp

Thanks everyone for your comments definitely makes me want to jump back in and keep going.