Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: J.R.S's Starkiller inspired saber (first full MHS Build)

That's a lot to pack into one saber. The only feature it's missing is flash on clash. Nice job. I like colour changing chambers. I did one last summer. The only change I'd recommend is to swap the thumb screw on the underside to a glass eye screw. They can actually light up too if you can drill it out. Otherwise the current thumbscrew may be more appealing with a cup washer under it.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    I do like this saber. Nice to see some originallity in a Starkiller saber. and its loud too.
    Thanks you, and yes it is loud, but not quite as loud as it seems, I think its just that I was shooting it while it was sitting on a large piece of glass and the camera is only about 10 to 12 inches away.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers;
    That's a lot to pack into one saber. The only feature it's missing is flash on clash. Nice job. I like colour changing chambers. I did one last summer. The only change I'd recommend is to swap the thumb screw on the underside to a glass eye screw. They can actually light up too if you can drill it out. Otherwise the current thumbscrew may be more appealing with a cup washer under it.
    Thank you. I got the idea for the color change chamber from your Raxis Primal saber, which is still, I think, my all time favorite lightsaber. As for the thumbscrew it is something I'm looking to change although Im not sure with what yet, I'll give the cup washer idea a try.
    Last edited by Jabbas_reluctant_slave; 01-04-2013 at 07:25 AM.

I love the color change crystal chamber. Really accents the amber blade well IMO. Nice Job!!

Very Nice... I am going to build a starkiller soon myself now that my garage is starting to come around.

Like everyone else said, awesome on hinting on Starkiller while making it your own! I'm curious on the bars in front of the crystal. Are they custom made from something?
    Being closed minded is like a windmill without wind.
    Without the flow of criticism, your mill of creativity will never spin!

~Aaron Stevens

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I just saw this one. I think that it is REALLY well done.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Thanks!!! That really means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    I completely agree - this is well thought out and executed with that 'real work-a-day' light saber look. No Jedi would be unhappy to wear it!

Congratz on excellent work and I really like how you took the basic SK theme but 'made it your own'. Personally I've always preferred custom sabers 'inspired' by those in the movies, games etc rather than exact replicas and this epitomizes that Creativity imo...BRAVO!