Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: J.R.S's Starkiller inspired saber (first full MHS Build)

Default J.R.S's Starkiller inspired saber (first full MHS Build)

Alright, so after many months of tinkering I think I am finally at a point where I can call this thing about 95% finished. I'd like to switch the button head screws out for brass and find a piece of brass to replace the red button on the graflex thumb screw and a few other little things. But this is it for now. It features a Petit Crouton mounted on top of a 14650 battery pack and a Rebel amber LED. I've got a color change led in the crystal chamber along with a 5mm amber and the crystal is also back lit from the main blade LED. SD card and R.I.C.E port accessed by removing pommel. And of course the d-ring through the covertec knob idea was "borrowed" from Madcow's Jaina SOTJ saber. Thanks for checking it out, and hope you like it.

Was just watching this saber on youtube. I like the play on the starkiller idea, and nice crystal chamber.

Oh wow. very nicely done. I love how it does have a starkiller hint to it yet it is completely your own.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

a really nice saber. I like this symbiosis of different sabers you put together.
    excellent work!

Amazing detailing and just enough weathering make this saber uber cool! Great Job!! (I love it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Very nice saber
    I see the SK inspiration but it is also very unique and I like your design a lot!
    Plus this chrystal chamber looks reat

Amazing job!
    Clicky Sig =>

Totally agree with everyone else - awesome saber! This is a great take on the Starkiller saber, but is also completely unique. Color changing crystal chamber ... overlay/shroud ... weathering ... sweet!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

how did u do that effect with the crystal housing? i wanted to do that for my first saber, but since it being my first saber build, maybe ill save that for my second build?

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I really appreciate all the positive feedback. It was a lot of fun to build and I've had a pretty hard time putting it down since I finished it. I've convinced my wife that our two year old son NEEDS his own lightsaber so that'll be next.

Quote Originally Posted by knottz View Post
    how did u do that effect with the crystal housing? i wanted to do that for my first saber, but since it being my first saber build, maybe ill save that for my second build?
    Its just pommel inserts and nylon washers with the accent leds stacked inside, it was easy enough, I say go for it. This was, aside from a sink tube saber and a handful of conversions, my first "real" saber. Just take your time and you should be able to pull it off.

I do like this saber. Nice to see some originallity in a Starkiller saber. and its loud too.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-