Thread: Nano Biscotte problem

Default Nano Biscotte problem

This came about tonight and I wasn't sure if it's the speaker or the board itself. I was practicing in my backyard, nothing heavier than air-dueling. Clash sounds triggered four or five times in a row, then this weird buzzing. And a strange pop noise after my boot sound and when it powers off; all of this is brand new to tonight. The saber doesn't have an internal chassis and it's been running fine since I finished building it a week or two ago so I have no idea what's going on here. I'm thinking it hit the inside of the saber too hard too often but I've practiced like this for days with no real problem. So.. anyone encounter this before? Is it just my board?

The soundfont is Lightmeat with my own bootsound, the latter of which has been working perfectly fine without error. So...... I mean, if it's the speaker I can easily replace it. If it's the board, lesson learned and I'll do internal chassis's from now on but I'm hoping to learn more about it so I don't make the mistake in the future.. whatever mistake it is.

I have a video so you can hear the saber as it is with this error.

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The buzzing sounds like a speaker problem. I have had that happen a few times with the Regal/Premium speakers. Haven't had an issue with the 2W yet...

Anyway. I suggest gutting the saber, buy a new speaker, and make yourself a chassis. You don't want to mess up another soundboard, and as long as it is not securely mounted, it is just a matter of time before the board dies from the rattling/beating from not sitting nice and secure.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I figured it was the speaker after I tested another sd card. The speaker I was using was the TCSS premium speaker; perhaps I blew it out from having the volume maxed out (to compensate the pommel insert)?

But you raise a good point. I'll have to design a chassis for the future good of my saber building anyway. Thank you for your help. Good thing I have some spare 2w bass speakers.