Thread: Cingolo, an Ewok themed saber for Fat Ewok

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Cingolo, an Ewok themed saber for Fat Ewok

Cingolo

Okay, so not many Ewoks would use a 12" saber, but I went with an earth-tone color scheme in deference to the Ewok heritage, lol. Fat Ewok wanted a saber within a certain price range. I wanted the challenge of creating said saber. He posted a picture of the saber he wanted it based upon. That saber was basically an MHS-based Qui-Gon replica (albeit in a slightly different color scheme). Not that it was bad, but I didn't like some of the dimensions (box placement, etc.). I decided to build mine with a 9" MHS extension as the main hilt. I machined all the details myself and modified that BH and pommel to harken to Qui-gon's saber but not be replica parts. The shroud was also not to be a replica (my condition, not his). I went with more of a structurally integrated design and included knurling on the grip section. I have been wanting to use my new PC color (Mocha metallic) which is a "sparkly bronze" color so when FE said he wanted me to incorporate Sun Gold, I knew this would be my opportunity. I also modified the Sun Gold to be less dull (more sparkly) so that it would fit more cohesively with the Mocha. It may not translate in pictures or video, but it is cool in person where the detail an d contrast can be more fully appreciated. He wanted a specific box, but said box would have had a space normally occupied by an Aux switch (no aux on this saber) so I made him an appropriate box to hold the AV switch, accent LED and Recharge port (I hate the port next to the AV so I separated them by the accent LED). I was also able to perfectly match the accent LED to the blade color (a cross between BIN6 Blue and BIN1 Cyan). In the final analysis, it is still a "Qui-Gon Heritage" saber, but not a clone of the original or of the saber he liked. This saber took waaaaaaaay too long, lol but I am proud of the result and I hope that FE likes it.

Particulars:
    Ultrasound 2.5
    3.7V Li-ion
    "Sky Blue" blade and accent LED
    Tons of custom machining
    Powder Coating
    CT wheel
    Green Ring AV
    Machined Speaker module

The BMT:

The Glams:

Oh. BTW...Merry Christmas FE...free blade plug for you:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

The moment you said "mocha", I wanted to go to Starbucks. Is there a blade retention screw? I didn't notice it and you didn't mention one.. unless this is only supposed to be a show piece.

Gorgeous, as always. The color on this thing (both powder coat and lighting) is gorgeous. Just out of curiosity, what font do you have on there?

And I second what Yoshi said, except I was craving those old coffee flavored candies my grandpa always carried around...
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

I would be admiring the beauty of this saber, but I can't see it because the WiFi at the court house is blocking photopucket. Oh well, I'll check it out when I'm at work later.

EDIT:
    Oh, muy nice! (I'm back at the office)
    Last edited by The Yin; 12-18-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

"Ewok Themed"?!?! Better you than me, bro. Just a funny title... at least it's got the LDM flare.

I'd say it's as bad as a "Gungan Themed" saber... but Gungans actually have a very beautiful cultural aesthetic.

very nice.....you always amaze sir!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

and here i was half expecting to see you post another saber shank cause well ewok in the title.....anywho loving that sun gold color. that and the blade color!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    The moment you said "mocha", I wanted to go to Starbucks. Is there a blade retention screw? I didn't notice it and you didn't mention one.. unless this is only supposed to be a show piece.
    It has one. It has a set screw PC'd sun gold as well so it is virtually invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoJoe View Post
    Gorgeous, as always. The color on this thing (both powder coat and lighting) is gorgeous. Just out of curiosity, what font do you have on there?

And I second what Yoshi said, except I was craving those old coffee flavored candies my grandpa always carried around...
    It has an Ultrasound 2.5...I don't know if there is a name for the font though.

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    and here i was half expecting to see you post another saber shank cause well ewok in the title.....anywho loving that sun gold color. that and the blade color!
    LOL, you ought to like the color...your Wife's saber "Marigold" has the same color blade exactly

Thanks everyone.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

I would have expected it to look more like the Wookie sabers myself. MMM...mocha. Nice custom work. It really is similar yet unique to the Qui Gon style.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I would have expected it to look more like the Wookie sabers myself. MMM...mocha. Nice custom work. It really is similar yet unique to the Qui Gon style.

LOL, yeah it is actually more wookie sized after all