Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: lightmeat font swing sounds NB

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Redeye, the swings are supposed to be that quiest. If you swing/spin it fast and trigger a bunch of swings together, it sounds more normal - but not overwhenlming. But, yes, you're hearing them correctly. I should know - I made the font.

If it's still too quiet for your taste, then you can always swap in a different sound font, but unfortunately it's not possible to make the swings louder without having to completely remix the font using the original sound... and those are long gone... sorry, man.

Thanks for letting me know. I feel allot better knowing that it's supposed to sound that way. I appreciate it. This font is really awesome.
    Last edited by redeyejedi; 12-20-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Hi sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm having this exact same problem with light meat on my NBv2 and bass speaker. The ignition ,hum and clashes are considerably louder than the swings which are barely audable . I switched over to dark meat on bank 2 and no problem at all , swings are loud, crisp and in line volume wise with the other sounds. My only theory's are that the sounds are some how corrupted or that the frequency range of the speaker is off spec with that of the font .

I've got a saber running a NB with a bass speaker, and I don't like the lightmeat font on it. It's hard to hear and distorted. The darkmeat font sounds really nice on it though.

It must just be this particular board, speaker and font combination that doesn't work very well together. Iv try'd a few other fonts now too and they all sound fine , pitty because I really like the lightmeat font

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

You could always take a crack at editing (a copy of) the swings in Audacity to suit your fancy

Blog Entries

I've had the same issue On two sabers with the same board/speaker combo. I just replaced it with a better font . There are so many out there and for $6-7 why not.

As Cire said, audacity is a good route to try if you can use the software.

I think I'm just going to shell out for some new fonts, Sound editing isn't one of my strong points. Iv decided on graflex IV and V. I didnt realise they were now available on saberfont.com. Its been a long time since i did any work on the saber and has just been a semi finished display replica for maybe 3 years.

I just bench tested my electronics for a saber I'm building. I'm getting the same results - low swing volume - with the light meat font using a Prizm board and premium speaker. Prizm is NB's cousin, so it makes sense. Anybody know the names of some good Jedi Fonts that are similar?

Grey meat is good, madcow's hero is another luke inspired font, like light meat. The TOR sound fonts by Nightstorm offer a great variety, with some more classic sounds thrown in.