Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: multiple LED's

it looks like the only way i can get 2 regular leds to fire off when i fire off the hasbro is to have 2 switches and hit both togetheror seperately. cuz i just cant seem to post a pic drawing so anyone can read it. oh well, guess my project wont be as sweet as it could of been.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

LAN-ED-TUL your drawing is fine but the problem lies in the lacthing relay with a reverse ploraity required to un latch it for powering off. I will give some thought to this problem and I will let you know if I come up with a solution.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

thanx do-clo. like ya said, i dont know either, which polarity makes the connection for the board. hopefully you can find out.

im gonna look around for the speaker for that trik box. see what i can dig up.

well i got the red led holder and adaptor today, and got the adaptor mounted and led lens/holder and the blade holder installed. now im waitin for the rest of my parts i ordered. the blade, tip,mirror, a batt. holder, and a thumbscrew. still tryin to figure out a way to fire the hasbro board/red lux led and the 2 regular leds off one switch. may just have to use a second switch, and run that circut seperately. would be nice tho to have it all come on together like i want. do-clo is still workin on this problem for me. hopefully he'll figure it out.

Ryma Mara

Ok I got a question. the diagram is for when using a direct drive setup.

What about when using the MR board, how do you add smaller leds?

Do I do it like a direct drive is setup? on the power side from the battery pack after the switch I put in a resistor, then the led then a wire fromteh resistor to the negative side of the wire on the battery pack after the switch. well in teh way curent flows it would be before the switch wires.

Would that be right? and would radio shack have such resistor needed?

Ryma... for leds such as "on/off" indicators, and "nice to look at" leds?

If so, then yeah--sounds right. The resistor you need for the particular leds you'll use can be calculated with a simple resistor calculator...

http://www.ledcalc.com/

...and depend on the resistor used and the power provided.

From what you're saying, yes, you'll want to figure in the power "directly" if you're going straight from the batteries to the "pretty" low-level leds.

I have no idea what you'd do if you tried to go through the board FIRST and THEN thought about resisting the little LEDs.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide