Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Going to convert a 2007 Anakin ROTS

Well I finished and I love it! My question now is what blade should I get? I want one that is very bright while also being very strong for duels.....

Here's a video that Madcow (Genesis Custom Sabers) did to test the strength of the TCSS blades, both the thin and thick walls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqIQ8lkZC3g

They both take some serious damage, though the thick wall lasts longer. On the other hand, a thin wall blade will appear brighter.

That was a very helpful video thanks for directing me it! I have one finale question..... Does this blade holder hold a 1" blade, and is the standard size 36'? Thanks

It does indeed hold a 1" blade, though the blade length can be cut to whatever you want. I've got a 40" thick wall trans white blade, and it's like trying to swing a telephone pole. My 36" thin wall is a much more comfortable length, though it all depends on how long your arms are and what you're comfortable with.

You might pick up a broom stick, and hold it near the bristle end. Find where the most comfortable choke up length is. Just measure from there to the far end, and subtract your hilt length plus an inch or two for the blade to set in your hilt and you've got a pretty good estimate of what will be comfortable for you.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Best advice I've seen with regard to blades. I personally use the thin-walled blade, at 28" (because I wanna see as much light as possible and I prefer speed to durability). I also don't have anyone to duel with, so I don't need a thick-walled blade. If you're dueling with someone and doing choreography in full speed duels, I'd recommend a thick-wall to make it last longer. But like I said, I prefer speed and I'm usually practicing kata on my own, so I use the thin-wall for high speed.

And as answered, yes, the conversion kit supports a 1" blade. I believe all of the conversion kits do. All the MHS blade holders support a 1" blade as well.

If you get the full length 40 inch blade you can cut it down a little bit at a time until it feels perfect.Get one thick and one thin,one for fighting and one for lookin pretty.

Thanks! Everyone here is very helpful and nice!! I shall return to this site soon for more guidance when I make my first MHS saber! I decided to just go with the 36" since that what i used in the first place with the hasbro saber.... Thanks again everyone!