Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Twi"lek Saber Build

Default Twi"lek Saber Build

I am Building 2 Identical Stunt Sabers for a Twi'Lek Character.
    Sabers will be 10-12 inches when finished not sure on blade color yet.
    Probally gonna sport 5w leds and stick style bat packs since the saber will top load
    all of the hilt electronics.

dude thats gonna be sick!!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Hoooolyyyy hell! That's pretty awesome. I can imagine a lotta crossover possibilities with it (it looks rather elvish to me).

Wowzers. What are you gonna use for your inner shell material? Is there gonna be an inner shell? Exposed electronics for visible awesomeness?
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

I wanted and ethnic feel for the twi'lek build some i will be adding molded translucent clay in the openings and maybe some cord accent.
    Im looking at the maul FX for the blade holder sinces it 1.14" and i have 1.25" room so i will cut a channel out of some 1.25" thin steel tube to allow for a switch and mount the maul emmiter to the steel with set screws. I also plan to epoxy the steel into the hilt for added stability
    Last edited by DemonBunnyman; 12-15-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Very very cool.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Where did you find those? Or, put another way, what was that in its former life before being re-purposed into some kick-ass sabers? VERY nice, and I'm forced to wait to see the final result. Let the foot tapping begin...

Haha i will reveal all the parts list after the builds are done

Quote Originally Posted by shmoetech View Post
    dude thats gonna be sick!!
    EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that. I can't wait to see this when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    Where did you find those? Or, put another way, what was that in its former life before being re-purposed into some kick-ass sabers? VERY nice, and I'm forced to wait to see the final result. Let the foot tapping begin...
    Kind of look like candlestick holders maybe? That were meant to be wall mounted? (I mean, that were wall mounted candlestick holders previously; obviously they were always 'meant' to be saber hilts)
    Last edited by Kevin Starwaster; 12-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Perhaps they were from a old umbrella or cane?they look kinda like a pointy end cane bit~ though since he said hes making 2 I think the candle holders a wiser assumption ;D