Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Green + Cyan = ??

Question Green + Cyan = ??

I'm trying to decide on a good color for my saber, and I realized that I don't think I've ever seen anyone combine green and cyan before. I'm guessing you would end up with a very green cyan color. Anyone ever done this? If so, pictures would be much appreciated.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

I suppose it would all depend on how you want to combine those colors. If you're working with a CF V.6 you can do on the fly color mixing with a R.I.C.E. port and the proper Multi-Die LED (from my understanding). I don't think that there is a regularly stocked multi die LED that has both green and cyan LEDs. Honestly, I don't think I remember any of the regularly stocked LEDs having a "cyan" LED. I almost want to say that the cyan color is obtained by mixing blue and green LEDs.

I know that you can get the LED Engin multi color (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LE...olor-P712.aspx) and mix blue and green, but not cyan and green.

I could be wrong, of course.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

There aren't any stocked, but you can get them done custom. I was just thinking of a straight up mix, so a stock cyan LED + a stock green LED (both Rebels in this case).

Most likely that's what you'll get, but I'm not sure if there are any LEDs with both green and cyan dies on it.

NVM, Luxeon has some. But they all say no stock, not sure where to get them from.
    http://www.luxeonstar.com/Predefined...lies-s/449.htm
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

A lot of the cyan LEDs tend to float anywhere between cyan and green, depending on binning. You can make a good cyan by mixing blue and green on your own, so green + cyan would be little more than green + green + blue.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Any pics of what these would look like?

I have a post of my sabers here.
    From left to right is: Cyan, amber, blue(or royal blue, i don't remember for sure), and green.
    I do love that cyan color though.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

That cyan looks great, so great that I think I'll just run with that one on the next build.

The Yin was close. The reason Luxeon star never has stock on those is they build them to order. You could order a cyan with green but, if its never been done before its carries an extra charge and there is no guarantee which bin color you get. Binned colors were from the old chart. That being said, most Rebel cyan are around bin 3 or 2, when mixed with a blue it will yield a bin 1 cyan color. QED if you mixed green you might wind up with around a bin 5 or 6 cyan, or possibly a bin 1 green.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

That is a great chart! I'll be saving that for sure. How do you make sure the LED is the bin you want? I'm looking for a bin 3. 4 would also be acceptable.