Thread: Darth Alice's Starkiller V1.2 (Pic Heavvy)

Default Darth Alice's Starkiller V1.2 (Pic Heavvy)

Been a little while since I posted here, and like to show off what Ive done with some parts as ordered.
    This is a project that I wanted to take on ...again, this time I wanted a different set-up than standard MHS parts. Also the game shots were closely studied to include 4 support rods for the chamber instead of 2, and also 2 red lead wires as seen in the game pix,It just so happens that a friend had a partially machined hilt that I got my hands on, the rear section is standard MHS with the rest being different sized aluminum pipe. The 1st thing I did was to take the hilt and make a tapered section to match the game shots. I have finally gotten my hands on an old school lathe (can you say cheap?) from a guy on craigslist who happened to be a 1/4 of a mile down the road, after some ebaying for the missing parts, I have now an old Craftsman that will turn aluminum until the cows come home! I also had to replace my old worn out drill press, I ended up getting a porter cable with laser track (it works well for squaring the table to chuck for milling operations)
    I ended up using a Nano-Biscuit, a 3.7v 18650 flame trustfire, 2 watt bass speaker, recharge port in pommel, 2 switch control box with 1 switch wired., Red orange lux3 overdriven at 1400 ma, Madcow's Vader font with Galen Merrick's boot sound. The crystal chamber is designed with Roland's influence in mind.It is built with a spring loaded center rod, to gain both access to the allen screw that secures the control box, but also to give you the ability to change out the crystal if you want a different look. I used a Tangerine quartz Isis cut held in by a small o-ring and a rose quartz cobachan for the drilled out graflex eye that lines up with the custom optics module. I designed this with others in mind in that the rear section will house any of the available sound-systems on the market and optics as well, including various chassis disc systems. my logic was that I see alot of these sabers change hands over time, and each owner likes to customize to fit there wants. The front and rear section completely separate with 3 button head allen screws and 3 deans micro plugs. Thanks again Tim at TCSS for the extremely fast shipping!

Video soon to follow, hope you guys enjoy

R
    Last edited by DarthAlice; 12-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.

I for one enjoy awesome saber ^^
    always liked the starkiller saber, Id never be game to build one though XD keep it up ^^

Once again, this is a really amazing job you did on that saber
    Congrats!!
    Clicky Sig =>

Great job!
    I really like the Starkiller saber, and yours is one of the best I've seen.
    Last edited by Matheus; 12-14-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Very cool saber. Almost makes me want to join the darkside, almost.
    Nice work here.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Thanks guys! I finally got around to shooting a demo of it
    http://youtu.be/0j-G-StbdME, since the vid was taken, I removed the sd card 6 different times for adjusting the swing sensitivity (it picks up movement very well now) and decreased the clash sensitivity. I also realized that a good portion of sound comes up through the TCSS chassis disc that I used for my crystal base, the more I have been tweaking it the better it sounds

Nice. Love the saber. Completely Starkiller especially with the font.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-