Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FIRST SABER with NB!

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    There are a couple of ways, but heat shrink would be the quickest and easiest to insulate, you could use zip ties to secure the battery to the rods)which don't need insulating, you can just use one of the colored covers Tim sells. Securing the card may be a bit trickier, you could try a small zip tie (or two) there as well.
    Well, thank you very much for putting up with my noobism and my questions, it is greatly appreciated! I will draw up some design sketches and keep everyone posted! haha
    Thanks, Ben

BTW: Will I need any resistors, clash sensor, movement sensor, etc? I have looked at the board's specs, but I'd like to by crystal clear...
    Thanks

Nope, all the motion sensors are built into the board. All it needs is a momentary switch, battery, speaker, and a main LED.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Nope, all the motion sensors are built into the board. All it needs is a momentary switch, battery, speaker, and a main LED.
    Ok, cool.
    Thanks!

I know I'm late to the "Hey, this looks good." party, but I gotta say, I really dig your design. I'm usually not a fan of the taller boxes/clamp setup, but I really like this.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoJoe View Post
    I know I'm late to the "Hey, this looks good." party, but I gotta say, I really dig your design. I'm usually not a fan of the taller boxes/clamp setup, but I really like this.
    Haha thank you very much it came to be after messing around A LOT with mhs builder, and I just combined the 3 main hero sabers, anakin luke and obi ;P

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBen View Post
    I did think that would be a problem... I haven't found a lot about making PVC chassis, so if you know of any good posts, links would be fantastic!
    Thanks
    This is the best tut video I found somewhere on these forums. It will run you the full guts of a saber, however the sizing's maybe different. It shows in great detail how to wire up and hand made internals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNR7...mJCllNeCgiKESJ
    Last edited by MrCafe; 01-03-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Wow that makes the NB sound so much more appealing.