Thread: 51TH Commando V3 by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow 51TH Commando V3 by LDM

51TH Commando V3

This is the third saber in my Sith Commando Series. This one was built expressly for durability (uni-body design) but stays true to the angular design of it's forbears. The entire series are hilts meant to be used by Sith "Troopers"...a standard issue saber if you will. This one is powder coated all in matte black, but I did add a few copper accents (choke, custom switch and real copper pommel insert) to give it some flow. The grip is inlaid cross-hashed grip material used on fishing poles. Got the idea from Cybknight. Gracias. The "clamp-band" is knurled, but it is subtle. The previous Sabers in this series have had "sithly-colored" blades like red and sulfurous yellow. This one is TruPurple...we all know that Bane loved him some purple after all...and i finished it off with a matching purple Crystal Pommel. Enjoy.

The Particulars:

Custom Machined unibody hilt
    Powder Coating
    Crystal Shard V1 with Sek's Brawler
    TruPurple LED with cyan FoC
    18650 3.7V battery pack
    Real copper pommel insert
    Crystal Pommel
    Inlaid diamond rubber grip
    Custom Copper colored latching switch

The BMT:

The Glams:

The FoC:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Sleek, clean, uniform. Very OCD friendly. I love it. The switch looks pretty cool too.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    Sleek, clean, uniform. Very OCD friendly. I love it. The switch looks pretty cool too.
    I think that is a great description, lol. THe switch is one I have been favoring lately. The are very low profile and the caps are removable, so they can be painted whatever color a person wants. A good option to have available.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

I love that "OCD Friendly" is a term that my brain automatically recognized, understood, and approved of. I like this saber. It looks dangerous, but not overtly so. The matte black along with the differing textures looks absolutely gorgeous, and for some reason, even though I know what it sounds like, in my head it's a very quiet saber. Almost ninja-like. Excellent work.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Ohhhh...that's a good idea. E57's "Assassin" font would be great in this!!!!!

a really cool saber with a nice color scheme.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks guys. I think it is a bit difficult to see the machined detail on this one because of the flat black scheme, but it reminds me very much of a Katana when I hold it, both in balance and in length.

that back grip is just yummy definitely have an idea for that!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    that back grip is just yummy definitely have an idea for that!
    I have more Your boy Gchu149 is gonna beat the heck out of this saber I think, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    I have more Your boy Gchu149 is gonna beat the heck out of this saber I think, lol.
    I bet he will. That's what I sure do with everything that I have of yours.
    ...YUP!