Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Jedi Order Light-saber

Default New Jedi Order Light-saber

In the beginning of the New Jedi Order book series there are only a little over one hundred Jedi running around with the only master Jedi being Luke Skywalker.
    I wanted to make a saber that looked like something one of his students would have made.
    It has a MR Luke board for sound and a seoul p4 Led.

That is a beautiful saber! I really like how it looks. What did you use for your blade plug? Excellent work....I'd love to make one like this someday.

Hope you wouldn't mind if I saved a copy of some of those pics for future inspiration
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Y'see? If I ever won the lottery, this is what I'd do with my life. Build one offs and concept sabers and just be stupidly awesome like you, annon. I love the band just behind your blade holder. I'm not sure how to describe that. It doesn't look damaged, so much as, uh....raw? Either way, I dig it.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Beautiful work!

Okay, the neck band and the two strips opposite the box... how??

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Beautiful work!

Okay, the neck band and the two strips opposite the box... how??
    My money is on salt water etching. That's what it looks like anyway. There's tutorials on this very forum I think. Or at least people describing how they did it. (I seem to recall batteries being involved?)
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Captured the concept perfectly, if you ask me. Really like the acid etching.

Nicely done
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Thanks guys.

The blade plug is a tee nut like this http://findnsave.sacbee.com/Product/...d-Hole-Tee-Nut
    I just glued it to a piece of left over blade material. I've made the same blade plug for all my sabers, it's like my signature.

Ty got it right, salt water etching is how I got the grooves. It's like a poor mans lathe

What did you use for the decorative screws? I like. I like the whole thing really. I'm actually planning a similar build. Something that a fallower of Luke might build.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

That salt water etching isn't looking poor to me it really add something to that design.
    Really nice concept overall, congrats!
    Clicky Sig =>