Thread: MR Anakin AOTC Conversion

Default MR Anakin AOTC Conversion

Hi All;

This is my first post after reading for a few weeks on this very cool site and must say a big thanks for what I've already learned here. I have a first series MR Anakin AOTC that I have already disassembled and I think I have a list ready to convert it to a mostly-show/very-light-battle ready saber:

Li-Ion 18650 3.7v w/PCB mod
    P4 Blue MHS module
    1 ohm 2W resistor
    NB sound
    Switchcraft 2.1mm power jack
    JST extension
    MR FX Windu conversion kit
    all-thread, brass tube, bolts and acrylic disks for NB/18650
    Corbin 1" show blade w/bullet tip

I am part way thru converting the existing activation switch to a momentary type and am thinking of re-using the speaker and housing to anchor the TCSS chassis parts to, along with the top cap of the existing battery pack to anchor the other end (that is if the acrylic disks aren't too large). I'm thinking of replacing the speaker with the TCSS premium and I'm still thinking on where to put the blade retention screw. I am getting a tap set locally and have a drill press, multi-meter, tools, iron, etc.

Thanks in advance for reading and I would very much appreciate your advice and/or critique.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sounds like you are on the right track. A good saber to work with for your first because there is a TON of room. Good luck!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thanks much LDM! It's most helpful to know the parts look correct before I order. I'll be ordering soon and reading more on blade retention.

Thanks again for checking my list!

...just curious, why are you getting a Windu Conversion Kit for an Anakin saber?
    Phil Maiewski, Alderaan Base Executive Officer
    Maynard, MA
    Costumes:Clone Commander Fil in the Rebel Legion
    CC/CT/TB-4043 in the 501st Legion
    Check out Fragments from the Rim: a Star Wars Gaming and Costuming blog

'Cause that's how I roll.

All kidding aside I thought the same thing when I first read about this conversion. But thanks to the saber-smiths before us it was discovered that some of the various kits work in other sabers. Check this link out as it's pretty informative plus there are some good threads here on this. I'll try to post progress as I go with my conversion.

Thanks for checking this out DarthGM!

http://www.holocronarchives.com/?p=147

Hey, thanks for posting this. I have the opposite problem with my recently acquired AOTC: EL blade, but no sounds.

So the links you posted are super helpful.

Can I ask about your experience with the conversion? Easy vs hard? (Difficult is okay, I just want to be prepared.)

And I'm very curious as to how you went about changing the original switch box to a momentary. I was sort of thinking that a MR board (latching switch) with a buckpuck for the LEDs on a parallel curcuit would be the best bet, but I'd love to have a better board and treat this historical piece with the respect it deserves as one of the first sabers built (even if it was built in mass production). What I mean is that I would prefer to have something like the original sound fonts in this saber, rather than have it sound like a Mace or an ROTS Anakin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I doubt you'll get a response....member illum has not been on since Dec 2012

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ah. Thanks for the heads up!