Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luke A New Hope Saber conversion

Default Luke A New Hope Saber conversion

I'm thinking of buying a Hasbro Force FX Luke, A New Hope removable blade lightsaber and was wondering if there are any conversion kits for it. I see there are conversion kits for most of the other sabers, but there seem to be none for the Luke Episode IV blue removable blade lightsaber. If there are none will there ever be any made? Also, I see the Anakin Skywalker ROTS lightsaber looks very similar to the Luke Ep IV saber. Would the Anakin ROTS conversion kit fit/work in the Luke Ep. IV lightsaber?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

THe Anakin will NOT fit. You could shim it if you like (I have done so).
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    THe Anakin will NOT fit. You could shim it if you like (I have done so).
    Sorry mate. Do you mean that I can make the Anakin ROTS conversion kit fit in the Luke Ep IV saber if I customise the anakin one by, eg: sanding or grinding it down to size to make it fit?

no, he means you'll have to add slim strips of metal or some other material to take up the space between the inside of the saber and the outside diameter of the kit in order for it to fit. The Anakin conversion kit is too small to fit in the Luke ANH saber.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay-gon, are you able to provide a visual aide for the shimming? Luke's ANH saber is THE saber I've been wanting, and now I fear that without some super gerryrigging it shan't be possible!
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny Rection View Post
    Jay-gon, are you able to provide a visual aide for the shimming? Luke's ANH saber is THE saber I've been wanting, and now I fear that without some super gerryrigging it shan't be possible!
    No, I do not, as I never converted one of the Luke ANH FX sabers while trying to use a kit that wasn't designed for it.

I have done a few of them while retaining the original plastic blade socket, but I'd have to dig for the topic that covered it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Check your local hardware store for aluminum foil tape. It's generally used for air conditioning duct work. It makes an excellent shim material.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Great idea! Thanks, I'm gonna order my parts and I'll post the results
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny Rection View Post
    Great idea! Thanks, I'm gonna order my parts and I'll post the results
    Be prepared for it to still not be a good fit....the holes and other openings in those two hilts are not necessarily in the same places, so the holes in the conversion kit blade socket may not line up on the Luke ANH properly.

Maybe the adapter for real Graflexes would fit ?
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LE...ter--P221.aspx

The MR hilts are a little larger in diameter than the real thing , so it might take some adjustment.
    Don
    Sith Happens