Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well here it goes....

Dear god, it has been too long since I last soldered anything. Such a frustrating night. I may have ruined my speaker trying to solder the wires onto it. But I can say it got easier. I wired up my recharge port quite nicely. AV switches are next.

Welcome to saber building. It's always harder than it looks in the beginning - especially the soldering, even if you have done it before. Practice, practice, practice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I think I have finally done it! After quite some time and broken parts(switch, disks), wrong parts(Battery packs), and almost broken sound cards(accidentally popped one of the SMT components off during soldering) I have successfully put together my first saber. I still need to fine tune the settings so that swing works right but it turns on and off, and the Aux switch works. I am charging the battery now and hopefully I will have it 100% tonight. Sry for not posting any pictures but the only camera I have right now takes horrible low quality pics and I wouldnt want to sully these forums with such crap.

Glad it came out ok then
    Can't wait to see it!
    Clicky Sig =>