Thread: stock MR sabers, disable sound?

Default stock MR sabers, disable sound?

i have had master repica: ep3 obi, ep6 luke(green), and 1/2 of ep1 maul sabers.

i rent a single bedroom in a house of 3 other people.

the maul saber has a much lower/deep/quieter noise, the obi is average, and the luke saber (the oldest with 6 AA's) is very loud.
    is it possible for me to open up the battery packs and maybe solder in a tiny switch somewhere along the speaker wire to disable the sound?

mostly so i dont annoy my other roomates in the house with the loud snap-hiss/humm of the sabers when i want to light up a saber or two.

or any other ideas? or is this is even possible?

thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Master

It would be easier, and more enjoyable, to build yourself a TCSS stunt saber. Then, you have the satisfaction of building your own, and it would be brighter, more durable, and silent.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

So far all but my very first saber was a stunt saber. Stunt sabers do not cost to much to build, I think my most expensive one was 60 bucks as I used a 3-d LED meg-lite and Tims blade holder. I try to stay away from wiring sound in till I get better at soldering so I can offer help on a sound kill. I even use one of my stunt sabers as a reading lamp.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Put a small piece of black tape over the Speaker connection hole on the batter pack before you insert it into the saber. There you go no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    Put a small piece of black tape over the Speaker connection hole on the batter pack before you insert it into the saber. There you go no sound.
    WOW! that is perfect!
    my ROTJ like saber has like 6 pins for the battery pack to connect so there was some trial and error, but my other sabers jsut had 3 pins.

thank you!