Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: LDM's Philanthropy challenge 2012

And MandoJoe, late to the party as usual, agrees. Shmoe's daughter is my hero. Also, Caine, if you hear some rustling about in your saber collection once this is complete...you should ignore it. It's probably just mice and not a jealous Mando....*chuckles*
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

I have respectfully forfeited this win.

As incredibly generous as Marc is, I cannot and will not accept this free saber.

It was never my intention whatsoever to enter this contest, as I feel that doing my best on giving value and empowering lives is something that I was put on this earth to do. I was just simply sharing my story. I do not want rewards or accolades for this.

Therefore, I have requested to LDM that the saber go to another person in the contest that I have chosen.

I am fortunate to own plenty of sabers, and I feel this person can use this saber more than me. To me, this is the right thing to do.

Like all of you, I was just overwhelmed by some of the amazing stories that I read about, and many of you people did some extraordinary things and gave tremendous value. YOU are the true stars!

I am proud to be a part of this community.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

And this is why Caine is my hero...
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arise oh dormant thread...The saber is finished. 100% custom. I have contacted the winner via PM and am awaiting a reply before I post the finished saber. Hopefully tomorrow
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Just seen this thread, it's a great thing giving away a machined lightsaber for the person who does the nicest thing, but people shouldn't need an incentive to be kind to others we should all just do it anyway, because one day we all end up in a bad situation and we would appreciate the help.
    Just while writing this post I saw "And this is why Caine is my hero" then read his post above, strange how things like that can actually bring a tear to your eye.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by oXdanXo View Post
    Just seen this thread, it's a great thing giving away a machined lightsaber for the person who does the nicest thing, but people shouldn't need an incentive to be kind to others we should all just do it anyway, because one day we all end up in a bad situation and we would appreciate the help.
    Just while writing this post I saw "And this is why Caine is my hero" then read his post above, strange how things like that can actually bring a tear to your eye.
    You missed the point of the challenge. It was to relate positive stories of things that had already been done (to remind all of us that there are plenty of good people in the world and that the negativity that the mass media would have us believe is pervasive is not, in fact reality for everyone), not to do something nice to try to win a prize. Anyone who did that was automatically disqualified.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

awesome thread! and awesome work by all you kind people.
    ironic that its caine and i just read about him in GEEK magazine, inspiring so many people to learn saber combat and get in shape!

do we get to see the saber? maybe caine could carry on with the thread's theme and all of the entries could "time share" the saber? totally up to caine of course but that would be so fitting, considering the spirit of this thread.

one more thing... BAKERS IS SOO GOOD!!! hahaha shredded beef burritos are incredible there.

again, you are ALL awesome, and LDM said it best when he said he wished he could make 40 sabers for you all.
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yeah, everyone gets to see it (to prove that it is not fictional). The winner has yet to contact me however. He has been PM'd and emailed. I am hoping that he gets back to me very soon. If not, I will select someone else at random.

Council Member
    Sith Lord