Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: inverter?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

what vadeblade said is correct.

The resistor on the mono jack leads was for load protection..but I have never used this setup..and never heard of someone blowing one of the inverters that I sell from not using one.

The resistor for adding a led depends on what your input voltage is and what the led is rated at.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Default Resistor

So the one resistor near the mono jack would be fine. Well I have a tendency to go over board, so I might put both in. On the other hand not putting them in would make the work easier.
    Naaa. The easy path is the way of the Sith.
    I'll go with the one resistor. At least this way I'm getting the experience.

......psssstt, I am gonna let ya in on a little secret...

You don't need any of the resistors if ya bought Tim's 4khz inverter. I didn't use any in my kid's sabers for the simple fact that there seems to be a cut-out circuit already in there. If you have your blade in and pop it out you know longer get any signs of the inverter being powered.(whine, heat, etc.) The kids pull there blades out and trade them back and forth plenty without killing power and there have been times where I have picked up after them, slapped a blade in the hilt after who knows how long it has been "on" and wham! I have a lit blade.

That whole setup was designed for older tech and while it may not be a bad thing to have in there, I really don't think it's necessary.

Now if your doing a LED in there for bling you will still want to use that portion of the setup.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Default resistors

Cool. That saves time. I'll get more experience later. I have become hopelessly addicted.

Welcome to the addiction.

That's why I build them and then try to sell them off. I love builing them up.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"