Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: My New Kyp Durron Build

well I have virtually everything needed in hand now and will do the final install this week. It is going to be a serious PITA though my chassis has alot less room than I anticipated. I have had to take out all quick connectors. It should be enough but we shall see. I will make sure to take lots of pics over the next week
    Olc-Pa Mabec

'The actual space available in the hilt is always smaller than it appears'. It's a good think you didn't move to a slightly shorter hilt... Oh... Wait...

I know right. ah well I am confident I can pull it off it will just be very tedious
    Olc-Pa Mabec

once I am done here is my next project

Olc-Pa Mabec

AAAAND new pics

Olc-Pa Mabec

ugh so frustrated. I have wired and rewired my board and for some reason whenever i wire it inside my chassis it does not work yet when i take it out and troubleshoot wire it it does work. I must be wiring something wrong inside the chassis. I think I must be getting my wires mixed up. oh and btw the first time it did not work It was the font. I have a pc 1.5 or 6 and I put the grey jedi font on it obviously it does not hold the entire font but i took the base sounds and renamed them yet all i got was a beep and it did not work? any ideas? does the pc 1.5 or 1.6 not support new fonts? I put the dark meat back on and it worked again so i am not sure what is up.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think I figured out the prob I have PEBIB don't know if it can be fixed. I got some soldering wire on the processor looking part of the PC. I do not know how it happened but it did. I even tried to clean it out but no joy.

Well I guess it is a good thing rev got 95 new CSv6.1's in
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Well I have now recieved the CFV 6.1 did a test wire... Everything seemed to work great except for my FOC... Not sure what that is yet but I will be looking at it later. Right now I am just waiting on A nicely machined chassis. Then I will do some cram fu and hopefully finish this bad boy up before my birthday in april. Boy this saber sure has been a process. it started when I saw Madcow's Corran Horn and I somehow lived through it. I then wanted to make a saber similar to his. So I asked him for an OK and he gave me his blessing and since then it has been revision after revision. Then some more changes! it sure has been a fun learning experience though. My skills at soldering have gone up considerably. I really cant wait to finish this bad boy...

That being said I recently heard someone mention something about a users manual. I really like this Idea. I think while I am waiting for a Chassis I am going to do a journal type manual. With real rough paper and bound in leather. I was going to take my pics on a white background and use photoshop to make the pics look sketched. Then i would use the sketched pics to do my manual off of. I would love to hear some other ideas. or if anyone has a manual that they have done I would love to use it for some inspiration and Ideas.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

I really like this hilt!!