Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My New Kyp Durron Build

HUH? for what? are you talking about painting in the lines?
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Yay Finally got my switches! courtesy of JQsabers, still waiting on my RCS and switch holders from force relics.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

so really contemplating replacing one of my mom tactile switches with this badboy what do you guys think?

Olc-Pa Mabec

Quote Originally Posted by patolcott View Post
    so really contemplating replacing one of my mom tactile switches with this badboy what do you guys think?

I think you should go with what looks good to you. Personally I'm not sure I think that switch would look good on your saber but that might just be me. I might feel differently if I SAW it installed on the saber.

That said, I'm actually liking the one in the middle with the blue ring.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

I will go with what looks good to me the problem is they both look great to me i just cant decide LOL. i also like the blue on in the middle but for mine i the accent light color to be different from the blade
    Olc-Pa Mabec

So Still waiting on my RCS and switch holders, but while i was waiting i found the most AWESOME thing ever. CERAKOTING. it is mainly used for firearms. it is a very thin ceramic coating about .001 in thick and it extremely durable you could take a nail to it and it wouldnt scratch it. so i am having my buddy cerakote my saber in the same colors as it already was. so excited to have that done. the cerakote will never wear off nor do i need to clear coat it to make it do so.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

the cerakote will be done at the end of the week cant wait to post the pics
    Olc-Pa Mabec

UGH this build is killing me All i want to do is work on it but I literally cannot do anything till I have my chassis and switch holders. well at least my cerakoting is done I will post pics of it when i pick it up.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

YAY!!!! finally got it back from my bud who does cerakoting. it is a little lighter of a color than originally thought of but hey Kyp was more of a greyish jedi anyway.

little blurry not sure why

All ceramic coating designed to protect whatever you coat from wear and tear no scratches in that stuff. And I did have him media blast a couple of the pieces as you can see. cant wait to get my RCS once that is done I can really start the planning for the electrical tomorrow I am going to put the kobold D ring on as well as the blade retention screw, cant add the Accent LED switches or faux blade adjust dial.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

I have some great new pics coming up I received my switch holders so I was able to do all my drilling. However I have a quick question... I don't want to have to use a kill key so if I put a switch on the "HOT" wire going to the recharge port that should work as a kill key right?
    Olc-Pa Mabec