Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Kyp Durron Build

Default My New Kyp Durron Build

So after much research and Trial and error i am ready to take a stab at my first Full package saber i will have a PC 1.5, a 10W LEDengin RGBW as well as Flash on Clash. I am very excited to start here is what i have so far.

To start with a Pic of Kyp Durron with his Lightsaber

Here is my custom Part, it is where the MOM switches will go as well as the accent LED's

And a Rough Render of what the Custom part will look like with the Blade Holder However i did change the Blade holder more pics tomorrow

AAAAND the Wiring Diagram for my PC 1.5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patolcott; 11-29-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Still have to buy a toaster oven to bake the paint, Cant use the house one Girlfriend would not like paint tasting cookies. and it is going to be a pain to paint just those tiny little lines black Lots of taping
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by patolcott View Post
    Still have to buy a toaster oven to bake the paint, Cant use the house one Girlfriend would not like paint tasting cookies. and it is going to be a pain to paint just those tiny little lines black Lots of taping
    If it's just the grooves, I wouldn't worry about tape too much. you can tape off the larger section, but just paint and sand. It stays in the grooves. For me it's easier to control what/how much to take off versus how it goes on.

Good Call ill have to try that
    Olc-Pa Mabec

And her are some more build pics Wiring In series is a pain those tiny little pads, ugh It looks like there is a gap but it is so small, we shall see

The last one is a blurry pic however, I do have a question, i wired the pc 1.5 as basically as possible, 1 mom switch a RGBW LEDengin with only the RG in series for amber and the battery only one 18650 at 3.7 v And it did not work any ideas why? it could be that i wired the LEDengin wrong but it should at least sort of light up there is a positive and negative lead coming out of the red pads, or is it not enough Battery power for the LEDengin? hmm I took it all apart and will attemp to rewire it tomorrow with better Pics. and more pics of my LEDengin in series wiring RG and BW
    Last edited by patolcott; 11-29-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Do I need to have the SD card in the PC for it to work? if yes i did put it in and it did not work so maybe i have to do something else
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Did you remember to reconfigure the PC card to use a momentary switch? By default, it's set to use a latching switch.

A single li-ion isn't enough to run that, though it should have lit up a little. Hook up the speaker as well, so you'll know for sure if the board is getting power properly.

If there's no SD card in there, the board should just beep at you. Be sure you have it in there.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

OK Good to know than you silver serpent, I did not check the config settings i will do that, i also figured out i wired the LED wrong. FINALLY figured out how to Actually wire in series. THANK YOU FENDER BENDER than you for your help as well silver
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Decided to shorten up the hilt, Went with the five in fluted extension instead of the 6 in, also i have a poll for the masses. should i use the blade holder i am currently using or the BH 16 holder16a_t.jpg
    Olc-Pa Mabec

The BH i currently have is more accurate to the Kyp durron saber pic however i really like the look of it with BH 16 i tested it by putting on the OBI bh i have in the pic above and it looked really nice so Your opinions would be a great help thanks saber community
    Olc-Pa Mabec