Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conviction, a PVC saber creation.

Blog Entries

Default Conviction, a PVC saber creation.

Here's the newest lightsaber I've done... I'm calling her Conviction because this is a lightsaber for a man or woman with strong convictions lol. Honestly when I looked at the saber after I was done and turned her on the name just popped in my head... so I went with it.

The particulars:

All PVC construction with an Old Republic inspired design

3W Amber Rebel Star LED

3.7V 18650 Li Ion rechargeable battery

Temporarily running a speaker from an MR Vader, but I'll be upgrading that to a 1.5W speaker when I get the chance, and the speaker.

Nano Biscotte sound card w/lightmeat sound font.

The pics:

My first WIP pic lol

Here's the finished saber

Honest feedback is always appreciated if the lightsaber sucks I'm always happy to know!

Thanks for looking everyone!

Video will be up once I have background noise levels are acceptable... tonight there was football and a sick child. LOL

I really like that shroud, and the color of the saber and the blade are very nice. Not a huge fan of the pommel personally, but I really like the saber as a whole. Great work!

Good name, too.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

It's a great design, looks nice. I probably would've gone with at least two different colors of paint, to add a little contrast. Other than that, it appears to be a great saber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Nice pvc saber. If it were me I would've painted the inner part of the hilt more grey and leave the shroud black.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the honest feedback! I thought about going for a two tone saber like that... in the end I went with my inspiration which was the Sith Acolyte's saber from the Hope trailer.

It had a gunmetal coloration, so I loosely based the paint scheme off of that. As the hilt gets used, the paint will wear off, so it will eventually have that worn greyish look in the center. I put like four or five coats of paint on there, so hopefully it takes a while for it to get weathered that way.

Been a long time since I made a PVC. Just becuase of all the work. This saber has GREAT ideas and was to take the work, and make into one great saber. Nice saber bro!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    Been a long time since I made a PVC. Just becuase of all the work. This saber has GREAT ideas and was to take the work, and make into one great saber. Nice saber bro!!
    Wow! It is an honor to get a compliment from such an accomplished PVC sabersmith. You do some amazing work. Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it!

very well done my friend, that is a great looking saber!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Youngling

That looks awesome.