Thread: Saber Staff project

Default Saber Staff project

All I'm hear for a little assistance. I was asked to help build a stunt saber staff for a co-worker's girlfriend. Here is my parts list, and tell me if I'm missing anything. She's wanting a pink LED, so the best I can do is a white LED w/ pink filter.

2x Hilt style 3 with guarded style switch hole
    1x Double male with slots
    2x MHS choke style 2
    2x BH 10
    2x 4AAA Battery Holder with JST connector
    2x Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    2x Seoul P4 (White)
    2x Seoul P4 Lens Holder
    2x Bezel for illuminated switches
    1x 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Green Ring Switch
    1x 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Blue Ring Switch
    2x BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire

Would a Chassis Disc be good on each end of the double male to hold the battery packs in their place w/o entering the double male? Any suggetions would help.

Thank you and MTFBWY
    Last edited by MedicineMan; 11-14-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Yes, chassis disks would be helpful for your setup. Also, who is going to do the powder coating? If it's TCSS, you'll have to allow for those costs as well, and any drilling, tapping of holes (bladeholders) and retention screws. Good luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'll throw out my usual comments about how if you want the switches or the notches in the blade holders to line up, ask Tim for some custom work and what you want aligned. Also, I've been fiddling with a LedEngine RGBA for a saber for a 5yr old girl who likes pink and purple, and I thought the RB made a nice hot pink. The photo with a PC2.0 set to 1000ma wired in parallel, and a thick walled transwhite blade.

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    I'll throw out my usual comments about how if you want the switches or the notches in the blade holders to line up, ask Tim for some custom work and what you want aligned. Also, I've been fiddling with a LedEngine RGBA for a saber for a 5yr old girl who likes pink and purple, and I thought the RB made a nice hot pink. The photo with a PC2.0 set to 1000ma wired in parallel, and a thick walled transwhite blade.
    He did mention it was a STUNT saber. As for mixing colors, while I agree with you, I don't know if MedicineMan has the budget, skills, etc. to do that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah, I guess I overlooked the stunt aspect. Sorry. Ignore all that PC stuff, nothing to see here, move along.

You could still mix a pink with a "deal extreme" Prolight RGB. It will give you a much richer color and won't look washed out. As for not knowing how to do it.....well, there's no time like the present to learn!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

for this is a latching or momentary AV switch best for the stunt saber? latching correct?

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

If she's really going to use it, a slider will work better. Both types of press switches will get repeatedly turned off. With a latching, possibly, you can grind it down to the point that it's below the ring when on. I haven't tried it yet but I've thought quite a bit about it.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

I did a stunt staff recently with sliders. They turn on by sliding your hands out towards the emitters.

ask to have to have the threads indexed i think thats what its called to have the switch holes line up