Thread: blade holder heatsink park of chassie?

Default blade holder heatsink park of chassie?

well hello saber land!

long time no post well about sabers any way... i have been slowly working on gathering parts for my saber builds and i have almos everything now. tha hard part has ben gathering cryastals but i have found a nice hippie shop that has a great range of crystals. as i wont be able to make an order with TCSS for some time it has been a battle sourceing parts but it is only little parts i need.

my question is if i was to drill the thred rod into the LED heatsink and make it part of the crystal chamber/chassie what kind of heat would i be dealing with? would i have to house the battery as far from the LED as i can to keep it away from the heat(i am doing this any way) as i am sure heat and a 7.2V Li-ion pack wont be best friends. the only - to the heatsink as part of the chassie i can think of is warping the plastic chassie parts i have made causeing me to make them again.

any who thank you for your time and your help

Lestat

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

It shouldn't get hot enough to do anything but it would be a good idea to avoid anything heat sensitive touching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    It shouldn't get hot enough to do anything but it would be a good idea to avoid anything heat sensitive touching it.
    well thats what i thought but i will have some of the Metal TCSS chassie disc in there as well so heat should not be a real factor but i just had to ask. i feel new to this all over again so pleas keep your jokes and puns short and sweet =P

thanks Crystal

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"