Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC wiring diagram

cool, thanks for the reply.

I'll get crunch'n on the numbers
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Hi The Yin, im just starting on getting the parts to make my lightsaber and ur PC wiring diagram has been a big help. I was hoping u can give me any advice on the saber build and if there has been any changes to the diagram that u can give me. I will be using the Pre-Wired Petit Crouton Sound Module V2.0.

Thanks
    -Ish

Hi Ish,

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to TCSS.

This is my first PC build, but so far this wiring diagram has worked out for me.
    Only 2 things that I did different from the diagram. And 1 other thing to keep in mind.
    1- I placed the resistor inline on the '+' wire for the FoC LED dice. The resistor I had to use was to big to fit well on the PEX, or in the space it was going to be. Some of the Master Saber Builders just skip soldering the '+' wires to the PEX at all and just connect the two together through the resistor.

2- The exact wiring of the blade LED will depend on which dies are where on the star, and which one you want to use. You can look at them and see what color they are, but you'd have to test the LED pads to know for sure what pads are for what LED. I had a 2-AA battery holder and 2 NiMH batteries I used to test them. Be sure not to look at them directly, and be extra careful with the RED.

3 - the one thing to keep in mind is that this is just a diagram of what goes where, but not how. I used quick connects for everything, but some stuff, like the main switch and the blade LED, I used a 4-wire, and other things I used 2 wire. I haven't assembled my completed saber, but I know things will be tight (very much so). So, it's best to test things out as you go and see what will work best for your hilt.

Don't forget to read this.
    And this is a little tangent i went on about wiring the LEDEngin.

Have fun, and take your time.
    Keep swimming thought the forums also. There's a lot of great info out there.

Happy Sabering.
    ~ The Yin ~

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Thanks for the tips!

This what im working on getting. what u think or am i missing something?

Pre-Wired Petit Crouton Sound Module V2.0
    7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
    2w bass speaker
    LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color (RGBW)
    16mm Anti Vandal Latching Green Ring Switch
    2.1mm Power Jack
    16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Nickel Plated Switch
    Power Xtender™ 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post
    Thanks for the tips!

This what im working on getting. what u think or am i missing something?

Pre-Wired Petit Crouton Sound Module V2.0
    7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
    2w bass speaker
    LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color (RGBW)
    16mm Anti Vandal Latching Green Ring Switch
    2.1mm Power Jack
    16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Nickel Plated Switch
    Power Xtender™ 2.0
    That's a good start.
    Don't forget, you'll need a resistor for the LED in the Green Ring Switch, and a resistor for your FoC LEDs.
    ~ The Yin ~

That's the led terminal in the diagram right?

Yep,
    in the diagram I have the LED in the switch wired to come on when the switch is pushed in. It is wired to the 3.3v pad of the PC (Page 21 of the manual) You can wire it like in the diagram, or solder the resistor in between the 'NO1' and 'LED Terminal +'.

You should be sure to read the Petit Crouton Manual a few times. Most of what I have in my diagram is from what is mentioned in the manual and on FenderBender 's wiring guide thread
    ~ The Yin ~

cool man, thanks for the reply and the help. I'll keep u posted.

-Ish