Thread: Vader conversion: Removable blade?

Default Vader conversion: Removable blade?

Possibly looking to gut a HFX Vader for a conversion with new Plecter soundboard (not sure which yet). I would prefer to gut a removable blade version so I can adapt the electronics from it to a different saber, but I would need a bladeholder for the HFX hilt. Would any of the TCSS conversion kits do the trick, or would I need to just go with the old fixed-blade version of the Vader?

Thanks all!
    Tryp

Thanks for the info Bertuzzi!

Unfortunately, I really want to use the stock internals and blade for another project. In order to make that work, I will need a replacement bladeholder and electronics. Hopefully someone can answer definitively if the TCSS Vader conversion kit will work in these newer removable blade FXs... There must be others who have converted this model!

Use the TCSS kit http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR...-kit-P343.aspx and you can use it with what ever board you want from Plecter (PC,NB, CF)

The battery solution depends on if you want to have in hilt recharge or not and which type of soundboard you get. I've converted several vader fx (MR's and hasbro removable blades).

I was about to ask the same thing about the Vader conversion kit, but it has already been answered. My buddy's Vader is also having blade issues when we train, so he is needing a stronger blade.

So in the process of conversion now... I really want to put in a PC 2.0, but the buyer is wanting to go a little cheaper. I have a Nano Biscotte that I can use but I'm running into a problem with the main activation switch. With the PC, I was simply going to use the existing slide latching switch. Since I need to use a momentary switch with the NB, I'm not sure how to do it and still utilize the existing switch assembly.

Any advice would be hot!