Thread: I did it (sorta), finally. My first saber.

Default I did it (sorta), finally. My first saber.

So, after a long, long time of this being "in the works" it's done. But I need to pause right here and give a big, big, BIG thank you to two people. The first and though he won't remember me or any of this is the owner of the store, Strider as we know him on the forums. He was patient and helpful without being rude early on when I needed things machined. Secondly, is Lord Dottore Matto. What a genuinely awesome and kind hearted person they are. In a moment of desperation they were able to whip up for me one of their pre-assembled electronic kits and ship it out in a matter of a few days. It was with the kit I was able to solder the switch and LED, which was a hell of a thing, as simple as that should be lol. But after it was said and done, I did it.

Just a note, I thought the LED was more orange, turns out it's pretty much just red, haha. Oh well. Next one will be green!

2012-10-30a.jpg

2012-10-30b.jpg

2012-10-30c.jpg

2012-10-30d.jpg

2012-10-30e.jpg

Looks great! Congrats on the build. I'm in the middle of my first...so I'm a bit jealous that you're done
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

”Your skills are complete” looks great good job.

Nice saber, good job, congrats
    Clicky Sig =>

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    Looks great! Congrats on the build. I'm in the middle of my first...so I'm a bit jealous that you're done
    Don't be! Look at how long I've been a member here and my post history. This is at least a couple years overdue haha.

Congrats, and welcome to the club! Now you need to start designing the next one. There's always a next saber...
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hehe..usually we strive for a true sith red and get..orange. How you did the opposite is beyond me. lol I'm guessing you went with red/orange? Next time you want orange try amber maybe. Congrats! Fun times!