Thread: Chrome Saber 18 (CS-18) Retrofit

Default Chrome Saber 18 (CS-18) Retrofit

I originally commissioned this from Jay-Gon-Jinn waaaay back in 2009.

Original thread: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=18863.0

Shortly after I got this, I decided to use it as a prize in a raffle at my martial arts school. The student who won it quit training shortly thereafter. Well, just recently, she started training again (along with her mom and brother Grin ) and I curiously asked her if she still had the saber. She said she did, and it had been sitting in the closet for the past 3 years. I asked her if she would consider giving it back to me if I built her an all new saber, which I did.

Upon getting it back, I decided it needed a modern upgrade. It was also the perfect candidate for a Nano Biscotte.

Notes:

Powercoating done by Simpi in Candyapple Red.
    Lux III Red was kept
    Changed ugly push button switch to AV (although it was properly resistored, the LED in it popped )
    Red Crystal Pommel a la LDM
    TCSS 2W speaker
    Nano Biscotte v1.0 with Novastar's "Blackstar"

I am very impressed with the N.B. From it's outstanding motion detection to the volume to how ridiculously easy it is to wire, Plecterlabs/Erv once again hit a home run.

Video

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

I like the red accents on this one! Very nice to see or rather, hear it have it sound now, too!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I like the red accents on this one! Very nice to see or rather, hear it have it sound now, too!
    Indeed, my friend. Although the original build was very straightforward, out of all the sabers I have owned of yours, this one was the one I missed the most. I am glad she is back home, and this time she is staying.

diggin the red accents caine. So super shinny!
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    diggin the red accents caine. So super shinny!
    Yeah, those little accents just bring out the coolness factor. Although these days, sink tube sabers are kinda "old tech" they still can be pretty rad if done right. And Jay-Gon was always one to make them just that way.

LOL, I said "rad". haha

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I personally think that more people should patronize Jay-Gon. His sabers are wonderful (still) and much more unique now since not many folks do them.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    I personally think that more people should patronize Jay-Gon. His sabers are wonderful (still) and much more unique now since not many folks do them.
    Indeed. He truly set the standard for sinktube/MHS based sabers and they still are great pieces. It's just another reason I wanted this one back...it goes far beyond a "standard" sinktube saber the way he made it with the sanded grips, the additional custom grips, switch plate, etc.

I fixed the switch issue and replaced it with a white AV and brass bezel. I also changed the blade to a LUX III amber for now. It's gives it that "TOR" feel.

Me still likey!

I'm a large fan of the grip-strips!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Looks really good.
    Someday I can afford a "Jay-gon" saber =)
    Still on of my favorite 'smiths
    Yub Yub Commander.