Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney buying Lucasfilm! (WTF)

Default Disney buying Lucasfilm! (WTF)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney...195100740.html

This could be a disaster or a blessing, but what really grinds my gears is this statement in the article that i hope never comes about unless its a fan film or WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY into the future like cade skywalker times.

"Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future."

After all that bull all this time from GL about not continuing the saga the first thing Disney wants to do: MAKE MORE MOVIES. WTF!!!!!!!!!
    "Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads." Luke at the end of Shadow of Mindor

Apparently, Anti-Trust regulations do not get enforced.

Here's a scary thought for saber smiths... Think about how fanatical Disney is about brand protection and copyright infringement.

...........yeah................the world is doomed!
    ...YUP!

it will be interesting to say the least that we will have another Star Wars movie but at the same time dreading it because they could totally screw it up

"Zac Efron is.... Anakin Solo in, Star Wars Episode 7: Jedi Academy Musical! Rated G."

Just let that sink in for a moment. And yes, the lack of Roman numeral was purposeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    "Zac Efron is.... Anakin Solo in, Star Wars Episode 7: Jedi Academy Musical! Rated G."

Just let that sink in for a moment. And yes, the lack of Roman numeral was purposeful.
    badimageyi7.jpg

"I got a bad feeling about this."

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

hmmm.....Ma ....get my gun...theres a mouse that may need some gettin
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

It could be bad, but it could also be good (look what they've done with Marvel) so all things being equal I'll wait and see.
    Certainly they can't do worse then the last couple Lucas outings.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    It could be bad, but it could also be good (look what they've done with Marvel) so all things being equal I'll wait and see.
    Certainly they can't do worse then the last couple Lucas outings.
    I have to agree with this, the recent Marvel films by Disney have been fantastic. Honestly this makes me excited about my beloved Star Wars. As long as they are better than the prequels, I highly doubt I'll complain. New ownership of this franchise may very well be what it needs to survive.