Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney buying Lucasfilm! (WTF)

I may get flayed for this, but why does everyone hate on the prequels? I admit the acting is not great and jar jar was a bit much but other than that, luke was just as much of a whiner as anakin. I thought lucas did a good job describing the events that led up to anh. all i am saying is they are not as terrible as everyone makes them out to be. I mean come in in rots when anakin puts on the vader outfit and you hear the first snap his that was AWESOME.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

This was the first thing I saw when I logged onto the internet after work today. I'm actually excited for this. As already said, Disney has done pretty well with things like Marvel, The Avengers was amazing! The only thing I'm worried about is what they are going to make the episodes about.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRevenchist89 View Post
    After all that bull all this time from GL about not continuing the saga the first thing Disney wants to do: MAKE MORE MOVIES. WTF!!!!!!!!!
    I believe GL said that he'd never make another SW film. That didn't remove the possibility of more films, just with him writing/directing them.

It would annoy me if they just threw out all of the EU canon. I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would take some of the fun out of the star war universe for me.
    My biggest fear is them cracking down on the prop/costume making community. I would hate for Disney to try and take away some of my favorite hobby's.

I don't know. This could be good, or this could be really bad. I just pray they take a light touch to dealing with the fan community, and don't start flinging lawsuits against the 501st, Rebel legion... us!
    Boring conversation anyway...

I don't think this is a bad thing. Disney bought Lucasfilm for a reason, and I doubt it was to dismantle it. They want our viewership, and our money, and the fandom as a whole. I doubt they'd toss out all of the EU just because they can. Although, I bet Clone Wars moves from Cartoon Network next season.

As long as they don't come after sabersmiths and the suppliers of the parts they need. I can't speak for everyone else, but I, personally, did not spend the last two years studying just to give up after my first build.

My feedback...
    1. MARVEL planned the avengers movie long before Disney acquired them.
    2. The prequel trilogy was just fine. In fact, i want to see more jedi and more sith.... and more DEATH!
    3. Disney ACQUIRED Lucasfilm, but they can't go running in and dismantle all the long held contracts. The irony to me living in Florida is realizing Universal Studios has both Marvel and Star Wars rides mere miles away from Disney.
    4. Sabersmiths cannot be targeted. Copyright law is vague but nowhere on TCSS does Tim say "lightsaber." Tim sells the tools needed to craft a high powered LED in an aluminium enclosure.

I was at Celebration VI and didn't get to see Mark Hamill but i saw one of the fans' pics of him and he wasn't looking too hot, so i'll be intrigued to see what Disney does with the franchise. I always had the sense from Lucas that he was stressed out, or enslaved, to his creation.

I agree with DarthZero. From what I've read, GL was done with Star Wars after ANH, he never planned on it becoming what it has.
    As for Lucas Ltd.'s new ownership, think of the director options for the next Star Wars films . . . Joss where you at?

I, for one, would love to see Ford, Hammill, and Fisher come back to introduce the Solo kids and the New Jedi order... If they grab some good stories from the EU, we could look at a real good series that could bring some of what others have requested. New stories, extended universe, new characters, all stemming from the original characters that we know and love!

Count me excited!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...