Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Disney buying Lucasfilm! (WTF)

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Uncle George sold Pixar to Disney, and look what they did that. He stepped down and gave control to Kathleen Kennedy, his Co-chairman. She will still be in control as Disney acquires the franchise. He's always said (HE) was done making Star Wars films. As mentioned above, he thought he was done with ANH, that's why Ivan directed ESB.
    I am intrigued but not getting too excited.
    Last edited by Loachri MacTalabh; 10-30-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: grammar

Darth Zero, you don 't realize how far companies will stretch trademark suits. Even having the word "saber" can be considered an infringement and similar cases have happened just that way with the trademark owner winning the case.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greevar View Post
    Darth Zero, you don 't realize how far companies will stretch trademark suits. Even having the word "saber" can be considered an infringement and similar cases have happened just that way with the trademark owner winning the case.
    I'm sure if someone were to sue Smiths over their trade it would have been George Lucas. I don't think our Great Masters have anything to worry about.

As I recall, "saber" has a meaning outside of "lightsabers". Namely the swords of the same name. Just as well, and this is me showing off useless knowledge here, there's an anime/manga character named Saber. So I doubt such a frivolous lawsuit would even happen.

Well, we'll ahve to wait and see about that anyway

Still, feeling pretty excited about new SW contents coming, can't be bad, can it?
    Clicky Sig =>

LOL... I see you've forgotten the buildup to Episode 1. ^_^
    Boring conversation anyway...

But I liked Episode I..... ok kidding :P
    Hope we won't have the same kind of stuff!
    Clicky Sig =>

I will say that i was fairly young when episode 1 came out but i had the same feeling that the characters in Fanboys had when thinking that all was lost and than a bright new shiny light was coming (although a very strange and ugly one at that). I wasn't completely disappointed with 1-3 but I have always felt that if you are a fan of star wars you celebrate new content because it keeps it alive while we can grumble and gripe on our own about what should or shouldn't be different. I grew up watching star wars like everyone else. I just of all of this that my children will be able to experience the same type of excitement that I felt when I was a boy.
    "Anyway, she's not my type. Too abrasive. And I don't like redheads." Luke at the end of Shadow of Mindor

Ewe!..Marvel comparisons. Have you ever read the comicbooks? BUTCHERED! So much rewriting it's not funny. Almost every superhero movie were aweful for this.

Disney has been known to threaten lawsuits against small rural daycare centers. They are founded in pure evil. From propanda to children, to robbing their parents with overpriced merch.

I can't help but think Lucas planned this with JarJar and young Anakin etc. It just seems more CG and youth wich is more disney's thing lately.

As much as I would love to see the little Solos tearing it up on the big screen, it seems likely this will be more disappointing then the prequils. I didn't mind them but they were flawed in so many ways.

Too bad 4 billion fans couldn't chip in a buck each on it!

I may get flayed for this, but why does everyone hate on the prequels? I admit the acting is not great and jar jar was a bit much but other than that, luke was just as much of a whiner as anakin. I thought lucas did a good job describing the events that led up to anh. all i am saying is they are not as terrible as everyone makes them out to be. I mean come in in rots when anakin puts on the vader outfit and you hear the first snap his that was AWESOME.
    Yeah that was pretty good. ROTS wasn't bad at all, but the previous two were awful.
    Last edited by Dom; 10-31-2012 at 07:46 AM.