Thread: Jedi/Sith Patterns and Designs

Default Jedi/Sith Patterns and Designs

I've been looking around the internet for symbols, logos, patterns and designs that are associated with the Jedi and Sith. Mostly for "official" examples, but fan-created ones are just as interesting.
    Personally, I'm looking for things I can use on displays for Star Wars junk, saber stands and boxes or to etch or engrave on sabers. I'm also looking for things to stitch into fabrics or... well, anything I can come up with.
    I thought I'd post things I've found in this thread for anyone who may be interested, and I welcome anyone to post anything they're willing to share. These were not created by me and can probably be found quickly with google.
    Here are a few we probably already know:

And an image from the Old Republic:

And the common patterns and designs from holocrons:

Here is a shot of the chest Obi-Wan used to keep a lightsaber and training remote in ANH:

This chest was used in other films as well, I believe, and wasn't custom for ANH. It appears to have intricate though generic designs not specific to Jedi.

In the book The Jedi Path, there are a few additional symbols.

According to the book, the symbols stand for (starting at top right and moving clockwise) the High Jedi Council, the Council of First Knowledge, the Reassignment Council and the Council of Reconciliation. It's interesting that the image in general resembles the holocron from the Clone Wars series. Also the Council of First Knowledge is almost exactly like the pattern seen on the holocron.

Also, if you look at this picture:

The vault itself has this same pattern all over it. It seems this is an important design to the Jedi.

There are also specific symbols shown for different Jedi ranks.
    First is Initiate:

Padawan:

Jedi Knight:

Jedi Master:

The image at this link, found through DeviantArt, shows a pattern seen on the floor of Yoda's room as well as his door in Episodes II and III. The floating balls and squiggly lines are also seen in a repeating pattern on particular portions of the outside of the Jedi Temple (you can see it when Obi-Wan and Yoda are fighting their way into the Temple in Episode III).
    http://jeffrey-scott.deviantart.com/...%20symbol&qo=3

Some concept artwork for the exterior of the Temple:

And a few images of the previously mentioned pattern:

Here are some images of the Floor of the Jedi Council:

And lastly, here is an image of either a tablet or book from one of the statues in the Jedi Temple:

If anyone else can post any examples, please feel free.
    Last edited by Big_Furry_Oaf; 03-25-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added more info and pictures

If it would be helpful to anyone, I created most of the star wars symbols (Empire, Rebellion, Fett, etc…) in vector format. Glad to share.

My custom stands:

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil

Hi dbluephoenix,

I would like so much receive your patterns. I want a cool Star Wars symbol to glue over the top of a cheap kind of levitron that is called as ‘Magnetic In air Suspending and Hovreing Gyro’ on DealExtreme page

http://dx.com/p/magnetic-in-air-susp...ro-4773?item=1

The levitron has engraved on the top the ba gua symbol - the same viewed on the Lost TV series. I want use the levitron to simulate Jedi levitation skills and the Ba gua symbol of course has no meaning on the SW universe. Any suggestion of symbol from you will be welcome.

Best regards,

jrgabbardo

Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by dbluephoenix View Post
    If it would be helpful to anyone, I created most of the star wars symbols (Empire, Rebellion, Fett, etc…) in vector format. Glad to share.
    Hi dbluephoenix,

I would like so much receive your patterns. I want a cool Star Wars symbol to glue over the top of a cheap kind of levitron that is called as ‘Magnetic In air Suspending and Hovreing Gyro’ on DealExtreme page

http://dx.com/p/magnetic-in-air-susp...ro-4773?item=1

The levitron has engraved on the top the ba gua symbol - the same viewed on the Lost TV series. I want use the levitron to simulate Jedi levitation skills and the Ba gua symbol of course has no meaning on the SW universe. Any suggestion of symbol from you will be welcome.

Best regards,

jrgabbardo

jrgrabbardo: You might want to PM him instead of doubleposting the same message...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

I've lost my files a few times over since I wrote this, but let me know what you want, and I can see if I can find/rebuild them.