Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyaryo's First Saber Build - Needs a name

Default Kyaryo's First Saber Build - Needs a name

So I thought it would be nice to have a record of my first build. I'm working on a saber that I'll put together over the next few months with the goal for completion around March of next year. Here's the render I'm shooting for:

Saber Render Mace.jpg

This is a Jedi saber despite its dark color scheme. It will have a green blade. More pictures will come as I get things done. Let me know what you think!

And extra thanks to everyone who has answered questions and helped me to make this happen.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Just to follow up quickly on the first post with a picture of the main hilt section. Style #4 from TCSS.

Not sure how to make the pictures bigger...is that photobucket related?

照片 (1).jpg

Got more parts in today...everything to finish the hilt. Pictures forthcoming.

Blog Entries

Retribution... Shyrax... I dunno those were the names that popped into my head. What electronics are you planning on using?

Looking at a PC 2.0, a GGW Tri-rebel (extra bright green and white FoC) with a 14500 7.4V battery pack. I like the name ideas...need a good list to pick from I'm thinking something that kind of pays tribute to a Jedi's function as a "light in the dark" so to speak. Any ideas?

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Maybe "ssussun" which is Drow for light or "ssussun wun l'olath" for light in the dark. Drow are the dark elves of Dungeons and Dragons.
    Last edited by MasterStoddard; 11-19-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

Green? I think a yellow blade would look better, due to the yellow details, no?

As for names, lemme see, I like to name objects based on feelings and emotions. Could be something like "Mercy", "Fear", "Sorrow", "Joy", and so on... can't be "Despair", that's already my saber hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MasterStoddard View Post
    Maybe "ssussun" which is Drow for light or "ssussun wun l'olath" for light in the dark. Drow are the dark elves of Dungeons and Dragons.
    My drow had a red energy sword in Neverwinter Nights called "Xukuth Lac'nala".. it's drow for "Heart Seeker"

This yellow saber could be named "Sssiks" too.. means "Sun"

But again, I think a yellow blade would look really nice on it

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    Just to follow up quickly on the first post with a picture of the main hilt section. Style #4 from TCSS.

Not sure how to make the pictures bigger...is that photobucket related?

照片 (1).jpg
    Hover over your image then left click on the IMG Code at the bottom of the list. Paste it into your post and it'll give you the larger image in line with your text.
    Good looking saber and I'd go for a yellow blade too (white LED with yellow Lee filter comes out to a nice highlighter yellow) but blade color is personal pref too. I run the aforementioned yellow and a pure green as I'm a Sentinel with Guardian leanings. ; }

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Well, being the Mandalorian nutjob that I am, I just so happen to know a few words of Mando'a.

Kad'au is Mando'a for lightsaber. Nau'ur Kad means "to forge a saber" (literally "lit up saber"). Dha means "dark". Nau'ur lo te Dha would literally be "Lit up in the dark", and nau'ur te dha would be "Light up the dark". Mando'a is relatively fluid in structure, so you can play around with it.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.