Thread: Completely new

Default Completely new

Hello every one I am 100% new to TCSS. I want to make a cool saber by my self but am kind of well not educated with this stuff. I have no clue how to sauder I have no clue how I even go about putting this stuff together besides screwing body parts together like pommel blade holder ect. Can some one refer me to a tutorial or over all how to on this forum or give me some tips? Thanks!

This is a really good place to start. Check out these threads and then just spend some time working your way around the site. It can be a bit intimidating at first (I'm in the middle of my first build myself) but you eventually realize the basics aren't too hard.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ene-Start-Here

If you're interested in learning more about soldering and the principles of electronics the book "Electronics for Dummies" is really nice, though there are also good tutorials on this site and on Youtube (and they're free).
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

I'll add this to the mix. It helped me when I got started.

http://youtu.be/AOdnGUMi7lQ

There are several tutorial style topics in the "A to Z Build Threads" section of the forum that multiple styles of sabers and their comstruction from start to finish.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

And I'll add, take your time.
    Spend time on drawing and designing what it is you want your saber to look like, then go about making that idea a reality.
    That's part of the fun in making a saber, taking an idea out of your mind, and putting it in your hands.
    Also, most of us that have built a saber(s) spent just as much, if not much more time, reading and learning about how to make a saber, as we did actually making our first one.

+1, take your time, you'll see there is much to learn and enjoy learning
    And welcome
    Clicky Sig =>

When you find something that you think you will need, BOOKMARK IT! Keeps you from having to search for it again down the line, especially if its in some buried thread. I haven't done anything with sabers for months, but sometime down the line, I know I'll need to revisit some of those bookmarked threads again.

All very sound advice! Welcome to the forum and this awesome hobby of ours!
    Follow Your Bliss