Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: placing speaker by blade emitter

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    If I remember right, This was reintroduced into the saber community only after a year or so of it's origin by a member named DJtheinventorofeverthingalreadyinvented. Of course it wasn't quite as exciting when he did since it was like the 100th install after the original.
    I could be all wrong about this though.
    LOL Graven.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    If I remember right, This was reintroduced into the saber community only after a year or so of it's origin by a member named DJtheinventorofeverthingalreadyinvented. Of course it wasn't quite as exciting when he did since it was like the 100th install after the original.
    I could be all wrong about this though.
    Buahahahaha, brotha it was called thedjmoonbassreversesoundtrademarkedsystemandifyou stealitmygrandpaslawyerwillsueyou.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

While I am still new to the Force, and its many nuances, I cannot help but feel as though there may be a hint of sarcasm here.

Hehe....yeah we have a little history here. While starkiller hilts aren't typically duelable my Raxis Primal hilt (contest entry 10 ) has a large window a little slimmer then starkiller and doesn't appear to weaken it at this size.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t=raxis+primal

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    While I am still new to the Force, and its many nuances, I cannot help but feel as though there may be a hint of sarcasm here.
    Nah, we are just talking about someone we use to know... Nothing to see here... Move along to Crystal's post, she has the info you seek.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I do have a few build topics in the "A to Z Build Thread" section where I did the extra sound holes in a ribbed extension and then covered them with a chrome or brass sleeve:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d-AV-switch%29

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ideo-Build-Log

I have more builds that show how I do that style of venting, but most of them are over at FX-Sabers.com in the mining Colony section.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Aside from the structural issue (which appears to be a non-issue, thankfully; thanks to the experts for providing their experiences), my other issue with emitter-side sound venting was the grip placement connundrum. My saber uses BH16 on a Main Body 2, with a Box 7 positioned over the switch hole. I love this layout. However, I find myself gripping the choke section on the blade holder much more frequently (and more effectively) than the body, which was my original intent. The whole reason I placed my switch box up so high was to operate the switches with my thumb when single-hand wielding. Oh well. The issue I have is that, with emitter sound venting, I'd basically end up covering the speaker with my hand!

Any thoughts on how to correct that? It sounds like a great way to get realistic sound, but not if I muffle it with my hand.

I have a hilt that sounds similar to yours and I put my sound vents on the section the box was on. My hand blocks it a bit but it still lets some sound out and is better then just the pommel. Any holes on the length of the hilt will add to the sound dispersal. With replicas this is a lot harder since you don't wanna put holes all over it but with a custom you can make it part of the design.

I have another hilt that has sound out of the emitter but with the LED optics and BH as an obstacle it took some planning/serious machining. But it is possible.

Good to know, CC. I will put some serious thought into my next build. Emitter-vented sound is everywhere I want to be, even if it won't produce the cool "doppler effect" I want it to. It just feels...wrong...to vent from the pommel. Backwards, if you will.